Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-13-2019, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road
Default An Album Idea

With all the discussion about songs in French vs. English, plus where Alizée might get new material to record, I keep having this recurring idea and I decided to put it out there and see what y'all think.
What about if she were to record a Christmas CD? She could sing classic Christmas songs that are in the public domain--so no copyright problems. There are some beautiful Christmas Carols in French, for example Il Est Né, Le Divin Enfant and Noël Nouvelet.
She could also sing in English or a mixture of French and English--I have heard Christmas carols sung that way before.
I know I would certainly love to have a CD of Christmas Carols by Alizée!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:27 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

I was wondering if Alizee could follow Julia's lead and put out a single with a video filmed in Ajaccio or its vicinity. I was also wondering what happened to Julia. She seems to have faded into the background. Has her album been scratched?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:39 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
What about if she were to record a Christmas CD? She could sing classic Christmas songs that are in the public domain--so no copyright problems. There are some beautiful Christmas Carols in French, for example Il Est Né, Le Divin Enfant and Noël Nouvelet.
She could also sing in English or a mixture of French and English--I have heard Christmas carols sung that way before.
I know I would certainly love to have a CD of Christmas Carols by Alizée!
So would I, and I think that is a great idea! If she selects traditional songs, they never go out of style. Based on her IG, Christmas is something that she celebrates and she might enjoy making the album. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I was also wondering what happened to Julia. She seems to have faded into the background. Has her album been scratched?
This was a recent picture that Julia posted on IG. The woman on the left is easily recognizable. I don't think the album has been scratched, but maybe there has been more work that anticipated. This does not bode well for Julia, as her SEXTO video has lost momentum.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-13-2019 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-14-2019, 03:22 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
..................This was a recent picture that Julia posted on IG. The woman on the left is easily recognizable. I don't think the album has been scratched, but maybe there has been more work that anticipated. This does not bode well for Julia, as her SEXTO video has lost momentum.

I'd be surprised if MF and LB can't make this work. Julia is a beautiful young lady. Her voice is I think a little better than Alizée's but as I've said about Alizée's beauty before, that it is a unique beauty, maybe that's something that works for her voice too, while maybe not being top notch, it's uniqueness adds more je ne sais quoi to the mix.

What ever it is that led to her success, you can't bottle it, you can't manufacture it.

Still with Julia's good looks, good voice and that fact that she's working with MF and LB, I'd be very surprised if she didn't reach some level of success.