Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road
Default How good of a formal dancer is Alizée?

Lately, I have been trying to find out how good of an “all around” dancer Alizée really is. Although far from being an expert in the field, I would say most of her choreographies seem quite simple and the difficulty level average, but her flawless and graceful execution has always been remarkable. That Alizée has had formal dance training is undeniable. Also the fact that she is a skilled dancer in many different styles seems to be well accepted. Wikipedia states that Alizée is : “... quite proficient in classical dance, jazz, Italy style ballet, tap and flamenco.”, but the reference for this is dubious to say the least.

I am not questioning the fact that Alizée is proficient in formal dances techniques, all I am saying is that I would like to see examples it. Here, I don’t refer to stuff she did at her dance school or the usual pop dances we all know. I just want to see Alizée perform formal dance techniques as an adult?

People often mention Alizée’s flamenco performance at Les Enfoirés 2008, but unfortunately, the most interesting (difficult?) parts have been edited out for some reason.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RjVwEv1B-c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&amp; color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RjVwEv1B-c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&amp; color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Other videos? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-16-2011 at 03:49 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Well, here is a clip of her practicing at a dance studio back in the day.
Go to about 2:05. I think she's good... but I'm not an expert, I only know what I like.
(Also this is a neat video, in that it has her with her little brother... cute kids.. everybody say awww)

The subtitled version on AA:
http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=114

And the Youtube version (I don't know if it's subtitled) (EDIT: the youtube version DOES have subtitles, very nice)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zLtr78T9DIs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zLtr78T9DIs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 01-17-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

According to her Wikipedia article (which I'm certain was most likely constructed by members here), she was already proficient at the age of four (not sure exactly what "proficient" implies but there you go) and had been enrolled in a dance school for ten years starting at age five. And then she originally signed up for Graines de Star to dance.

I'd say she's most likely very talented.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-17-2011 at 06:13 PM..
Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

She stared taking dancing lessons when she was either 4 or 5.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 PM

Well, I just don’t know what to say about this... Let’s see...
Alizée is trained for a decade in formal dance techniques before she becomes a pop singer. For the next decade, she performs simple dance routines (albeit flawlessly executed), sporadically, and less and less as time goes by. Besides the early times when she was still taking dance lessons, the only available recorded event (it seems) where she performs any formal dance is a 45 sec rendition of flamenco where the editing is so awful, it is impossible to tell how good she really is.

Once again, I am not implying she does not have the "proficiency" that is commonly claimed, I am just mystified and utterly frustrated by this.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-21-2011 at 12:12 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Well, I just don’t know what to say about this... Let’s see...
Alizée is trained for a decade in formal dance techniques before she becomes a pop singer. For the next decade, she performs simple dance routines (albeit flawlessly executed), sporadically, and less and less as time goes by. Besides the early times when she was still taking dance lessons, the only available recorded event (it seems) where she performs any formal dance is a 45 sec rendition of flamenco where the editing is so awful, it is impossible to tell how good she really is.

Once again, I am not implying she does not have the "proficiency" that is commonly claimed, I am just mystified and utterly frustrated by this.
Lol. Nice summary. I don't think it's much of a mystery, she has concentrated on the singing. It is frustrating if you were introduced to her through the dancing and love it to know she has abandoned it for the most part.

I really think the only chance of seeing her dance a lot again would be a dance music album. And cosidering that's the thing that has by far the most chance of jumpstarting her career, there might be a chance of that happening.

Hey, look on the bright side, Les Enfoires is coming up in a few days. Maybe she'll bust a move.

Last edited by severianb; 01-21-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Alizée practiced classical dance, jazz, Italy style ballet, tap and flamenco in dance school just to get a feel of the different styles. She might not show those in full during her performances but there might be some subtle hint's of them out there. Well she has showed plenty of fine moves throughout her carreer in her performances, Les Enfoirés etc.. but it's only natural to wanna see more of that charm.

Check out 1:16 of this vid! Alizée practicing dance with her instructor in Corsica.. a real gem!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eEuTRVEwroA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

La Isla Bonita

Her moves here were exquisite too...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Aanef6L3UA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
Alizée practiced classical dance, jazz, Italy style ballet, tap and flamenco in dance school just to get a feel of the different styles. She might not show those in full during her performances but there might be some subtle hint's of them out there. Well she has showed plenty of fine moves throughout her carreer in her performances, Les Enfoirés etc.. but it's only natural to wanna see more of that charm.

Check out 1:16 of this vid! Alizée practicing dance with her instructor in Corsica.. a real gem!
Oh, I was just going to post that. I think the ones like that which show her in the school at Corsica are most relevant to the OPs question. It shows she really had a strong formal dance base, no doubt a big reason all those perfomances are so seemingly effortless.

Quote:
La Isla Bonita

Her moves here were exquisite too...
Yes. Legendary performance. The flawless, mezmerizing Flamenco hands are what really set her apart here. The JEAM dance uses them to great effect also. The payoff of years of work and loving dance. Which makes it even sadder she doesn't do it anymore.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Yes. Legendary performance. The flawless, mezmerizing Flamenco hands are what really set her apart here. The JEAM dance uses them to great effect also.
Oh yeah!! Well I had assumed there was some hints of Flamenco in JEAM too but I wasn't absolutely sure.. thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
It shows she really had a strong formal dance base, no doubt a big reason all those perfomances are so seemingly effortless.
Oh yeah.. she had fun with em...

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 PM

Merci for the video Un-rêve.
Nice, but again, I would like to see something a little more involved to be able to make a better opinion (as if I was this big expert in the field . In any case, Alizée seems a little different in this video. She seems joyful, but in a different way, like she is teasing the camera more than usual.

Quote:
The flawless, mezmerizing Flamenco hands are what really set her apart here. The JEAM dance uses them to great effect also.(
From the start, Alizée’s hand movements have been one of the most alluring parts of the attraction for me. I have been trying to point this out to anyone I introduce Alizée to, but for most people who liked her it seems to get lost in all her other beautiful attributes. What a shame.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-26-2011 at 12:03 AM..