Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 02:59 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default Is France America's new best friend ?

The better the relationship between France and America the better the chance that our girl will take a long look at performing here in the states.

Mr Bush recently told The Times: “It’s going to be hard for any nation to trump the United Kingdom as our greatest ally.” Mr Sarkozy, however, is giving it his best shot.

France, which has historically had a love-hate relationship with the US, has not had such an overtly pro-American leader since the First World War. Mr Sarkozy is ready to risk hostility from his own public by becoming Washington’s ally-in-chief, breaking with the Gaullist policy of isolation that Jacques Chirac pursued not least over the invasion of Iraq. “The frost is over,” said an Elysée Palace aide. “We want to show the warmth that now exists between the two countries after the frictions of the recent past.”

Mr Brown has an uneasy relationship with Europe, often missing summits or turning up late. Mr Sarkozy, meanwhile, is aiming to make the most of his government’s turn in the six-month presidency of the EU to boost its profile in Washington still further. “We are ‘Europe’s phone number’ until next January,” said a Foreign Ministry official.

Unlike Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian Prime Minister, who this week was almost embarrassingly effusive in his praise for Mr Bush, Mr Sarkozy has also been assiduous in looking beyond the present Administration to build a long-term alliance with America.

timesonline
Old 06-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
The better the relationship between France and America the better the chance that our girl will take a long look at performing here in the states.

Mr Bush recently told The Times: “It’s going to be hard for any nation to trump the United Kingdom as our greatest ally.” Mr Sarkozy, however, is giving it his best shot.

France, which has historically had a love-hate relationship with the US, has not had such an overtly pro-American leader since the First World War. Mr Sarkozy is ready to risk hostility from his own public by becoming Washington’s ally-in-chief, breaking with the Gaullist policy of isolation that Jacques Chirac pursued not least over the invasion of Iraq. “The frost is over,” said an Elysée Palace aide. “We want to show the warmth that now exists between the two countries after the frictions of the recent past.”

Mr Brown has an uneasy relationship with Europe, often missing summits or turning up late. Mr Sarkozy, meanwhile, is aiming to make the most of his government’s turn in the six-month presidency of the EU to boost its profile in Washington still further. “We are ‘Europe’s phone number’ until next January,” said a Foreign Ministry official.

Unlike Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian Prime Minister, who this week was almost embarrassingly effusive in his praise for Mr Bush, Mr Sarkozy has also been assiduous in looking beyond the present Administration to build a long-term alliance with America.

timesonline
Well, the French public hates Bush becuase he invaded Iraq, all of Europe and the rest of the world hates Bush because he invaded Iraq. Thats why every where Bush goes huge swarms of protesters show up, like when he went to Brazil. Hell, even most Americans don't even like George Dumbya, he has a 20% approval rating, lol, thats even lower than that crook Nixon during the Watergte scandal, lol.

Now, once my man Obama gets elected, the French, Europe and the rest of the world will love him. That's when we will have a more cozier relationship with the French public.

Last edited by Ali; 06-14-2008 at 03:39 PM..
Old 06-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Well, the French public hates Bush becuase he invaded Iraq, all of Europe and the rest of the world hates Bush becuase he invaded Iraq. Thats why every where Bush goes huge swarms of protesters show up, like when he went to Brazil. Hell, even most Americans don't even like George Dumbya, he has a 20% approval rating, lol, thats even lower than that crook Nixon during the Watergte scandal, lol.

Now, once my man Obama gets elected, the French, Europe and the rest of the world will love him. That's when we will have a more cozier relationship with the French public.

As much as I don't like pressing into American matters. USA needs a people-person like Obama, besides he'll be speaking in the view of a minority race, which is a huge influence on America, plus if Hilary becoms his running mate, we'll have the views of the female public set out there too. America's going to change, we'll all be buddy-buddies again.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:08 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
As much as I don't like pressing into American matters. USA needs a people-person like Obama, besides he'll be speaking in the view of a minority race, which is a huge influence on America, plus if Hilary becoms his running mate, we'll have the views of the female public set out there too. America's going to change, we'll all be buddy-buddies again.
(sharp inhale) if that happens i will become a Canadian/European citizen very very fast

pretty sure that it will kill our economy within the first year (not that it isn't bad enough already) there are other things that i think would go very wrong but i will not get into that at all

Old 06-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Well I would like to avoid being too political, but I will say this: regardless of who wins the election, I expect an improvement in foreign relations. However, I think one candidate is more likely to do a better job of this. The current administration put their ideology over the facts. Hopefully, our next administration will be more scientific in their approach and use facts to determine policy.

I want to see a cabinet comprised of intelligent, thoughtful and independent thinkers who are not afraid (and indeed encouraged) to voice their various opinions in front of the President. I want an intelligent President who is fully engaged, and who is not too arrogant to listen to other points of view. I want the President to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions based on the facts. I think if this happens, we will have a much better relationship with the world, including France.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Minno is on a distinguished road

Not to get too political.. but I'm in the "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ANYONE BUT HILLARY" party.. Look's like my party will do well this november.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I personally don't see our relationship with France ever being the same as it used to be pre 9/11. Even though their new President is somewhat more Pro American than his predecessor, like said before majority of France still doesn't agree nor see the rational for invading Iraq. This issue of the two countries not seeing eye to eye on a very controversial issue makes me think the relationship may never be as close as it used to be. Plus I don't see Obama winning, I think McCain will win.
I see Britain always being Americas number 1 Allie, we have so much in common. I believe (correct me if im wrong) America and Britain are the only two counrtys to have a military forien exchange program. Another rising Allie of the US is Japan.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:45 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno View Post
but I'm in the "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ANYONE BUT HILLARY" party..
glad i am not the only one

Old 06-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno
but I'm in the "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ANYONE BUT HILLARY" party..
glad i am not the only one
I too agree with that statement lol

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Plus I don't see Obama winning, I think McCain will win.
God help us if our country is dumb enough to elect and reelect Bush, and then go on to elect McCain.

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 06-14-2008 at 05:09 PM..
Closed Thread