Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-29-2012, 09:41 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road
Default Be careful what you wish for?

I was writing a post over at my own Blog yesterday and i think the general crux of it also applies to Alizee?

http://ewa-farna-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2...-of-heart.html

i.e. What would happen to Alizee (as a person) should she ever become a Worldwide Superstar?
Personally, i don't think that it's ever going to happen but sometimes opportunities present themselves in all sort of untold ways.
Most members here are US based and have some sort of idea of the lives the likes of e.g. Madonna lead.
Is that the sort of life you would want for Alizee?
If she eventually does come across to the States and if it was a huge success what changes would it lead to? And would they be for the best and what impact would it have on her personal happiness?
However unlikely the scenario is...it could happen.

And NO i'm not trying to promote my own site...just thought it was relevant?

Last edited by Junkmale; 03-29-2012 at 09:54 PM..
Old 03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

It could happen. It would be good to see her in concert and see her sales skyrocket. But she'd get torn apart by what she calls the sharks, aka the media.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I think internationl superfame is something she never really gave much thought about in the begining, then MF and LB came into her life and she became a superstar. I think her ego got inflated with all her early success and I think it got compounded by marrying another singer who was having some success and who was also was developing a big ego and they figured she could do without MF and LB. Well she has struggled ever since.

So though I don't think she does not desire "super" stardom as the likes of Madonna have, I think if she did reach that level of stardom she had before and went beyond that to what I call super stardom, there would be times when a smile would come across her face thinking about how she proved her doubters wrong, and I think with what she has gone through in the past several years, that experience will make her realize it can all change over night and she will be a much more level headed and appreciatve super star because of it.

But I think it could ruin her life. She absolutely loves Corsica; especially Ajaccio. If she became superfamous, Ajaccio would probably be flooded with people wanting to get a glimpse of her. She could never sit down at one of those side walk cafes that's she enjoys so much; could not go for a walk along the water front with her family; never go out to enjoy a beautiful sunset at the Blood islands now without fear of being spotted and that would be a crushing blow to her soul.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 PM

Indeed.
It's probably a good thing that's it's a big 'what if' scenario that's unlikely to ever happen?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:43 PM

Well the potential is there, we'll just wait so see what happens.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
I was writing a post over at my own Blog yesterday and i think the general crux of it also applies to Alizee?

http://ewa-farna-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2...-of-heart.html

i.e. What would happen to Alizee (as a person) should she ever become a Worldwide Superstar?
Personally, i don't think that it's ever going to happen but sometimes opportunities present themselves in all sort of untold ways.
Most members here are US based and have some sort of idea of the lives the likes of e.g. Madonna lead.
Is that the sort of life you would want for Alizee?
If she eventually does come across to the States and if it was a huge success what changes would it lead to? And would they be for the best and what impact would it have on her personal happiness?
However unlikely the scenario is...it could happen.

And NO i'm not trying to promote my own site...just thought it was relevant?
I agree, if she became "famous" only bad things would manifest themselves.
Though I know you were speaking hypothetically, if she where to come here I dont think it would change much. Maybe she would become a little more popular but no by much. A parallel point to this is Yelle and her current situation ..... aka no much has changed for her!~

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 AM

Well Junkmale was talking about a worldwide superstar and though I enjoy Yelle's music, she in no way fits this subscription and I think Alizee is one singer who has that potential.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Alizée is beautiful.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:11 PM

Who knows?
The new album may have another 'Moi' on it?
With the right promotion and the right encouragement it could start all over again.
However unlikely...it's possible.

Last edited by Junkmale; 03-31-2012 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 03-31-2012, 02:28 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

She doesn't need to become a world famous superstar to be successful. She could be a mega-star in France and Europe, and still be able to have a normal life. The paparazzi isn't cut-throat in France like they are in Hollywood. You see Mylene walking down the streets of Paris and on the beaches of Corsica and no one bothers her.