Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road
Default Polydor vs RCA

I thought we might put the current buying dilemma into perspective, comparing Polydor's approach with RCA.

In the first pic, we have the charts, taken from Wikipedia, under Polydor's reign (last line excepted):

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6758176

In the second pic, I've modified the chart to reflect RCA's view of distribution:

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6758177
Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Rofl, sad that it's true. It won't be though forever. It'll branch out, but I do think they r really limiting themselves right now. Hopefully they'll learn. I mean the radio interview even specifically mentioned how big she was in other countries. If ne thing they shoulda let Mexico in on it too. Not the best marketing, imo.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:20 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

I don't understand what those are supposed to represent...

Are you suggesting that ML was released in all countries at the same time ? And you compare current situation of MJ to that ? What's the point ? It's known fact that also MJ will be released in other countries.

ML was not released outside France at the very first wave... (or maybe in Belgium, can't remember for sure). Nor was any other single (even tho they were much easier to obtain since they were actual CD singles, but still they would only show in French charts).
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 AM

Capn is on a distinguished road

Yeah mainly it is way too early to say anything like this because we all expect international release we just don't have an estimate of how long this will take. Once the full album is released that will be 100% obtainable 1 way or another so its all good. I don't have a problem with either record company.