Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 PM

emo samurai is on a distinguished road
Default The songs they write for Lili don't fit her voice.

Her producers have obviously tried very hard to cultivate a "lolita" image for her. Never mind that if you ever read the book you would find that anything but hot.

Anyway, I digress. When she's singing, like in her Alizee en Concert DVD, it's obvious that her singing voice is anything but that of a lolita. It's too low and not delicate as a flower, and that's not a bad thing, it's just contrary to the image that they are hell-bent on putting forth.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Banned

INDUSTRIAL is on a distinguished road

Some songs actually don't suit her like A Contre Courant. But I think her voice is delicate and seducive enough to sing Lolita. Obviously her voice changed. Also, the live album is made to sound differently from normal albums.
Indeed her voice has changed. However, she can sing like she sang 7 years ago. Just listen to Idealiser in the new album.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:22 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

INDUSTRIAL I couldn't agree more. And you picked the two songs that prove that point. You listen to ACC and Idealizer you can hear that voice like 'a far away angel'.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:23 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDUSTRIAL View Post
Some songs actually don't suit her like A Contre Courant. But I think her voice is delicate and seducive enough to sing Lolita. Obviously her voice changed. Also, the live album is made to sound differently from normal albums.
Indeed her voice has changed. However, she can sing like she sang 7 years ago. Just listen to Idealiser in the new album.

Uhh...perhaps you can quantify what you mean by "don't suit her"? In what way?

Regarding the Lolita image, perhaps we visualize it somewhat differently (and yes, it's not exactly what is portrayed in Nabokov's book, but rather the resulting popular connotation; several of us had a discussion here: http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...hlight=nabokov ). It seems that one appropriate choice of voice is a low, smooth but somewhat husky, "knowledgeable-beyond-her-years" sort of voice, which is I think what Alizée has. A "delicate-like-a-flower", ethereal voice doesn't seem as good a fit to me. But this is, of course, a matter of opinion.

BTW, if RMJ shows up, that comment about ACC ain't gonna sit too well.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Alizée Fan For Life

SilentFox is on a distinguished road

Yea i can agree with some of the songs that that she does sing...some do not fit her well but she does it it her all just to make the music good in that way...but yea...i would have to agree to with Fsquared's last sentence!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:33 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Moi Lolita fits her voice perfectly. It is precisely her low, somewhat husky voice in that song that makes it work. It is not contrary to the Lolita image at all.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna have to disagree with this topic. At the most, maybe 10% of all her songs don't fit her voice.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Parler Tout Bas, Amelie, and Coeur Deja Pris fit her voice perfectly!!..in my opinion. These songs showcase her impressive vocal range. I could listen to these songs 24/7!!
Old 12-19-2007, 05:35 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Saying that either Moi Lolita or À contre-courant do not suit her voice, proof being the other song, is pointless. I feel that Alizée's main vocal talent is not simply vocal range, but vocal range starting so low.