Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-29-2007, 03:25 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road
Default A perfect life

I was wondering: Could Alizée's life be called perfect? Happy childhood, supportive parents, a little brother she loves, talent and good looks, success at a very young age, happily married (it seems) with a little daughter, no financial worries for the rest of her life (I suppose). What more could anyone ask for?
I think that's one of the reasons people love her so much. She seems like a genuinely happy and content person and she has every reason to be that way. It's good to know that there is a least someone who's got it all. For her things have always turned out exactly the way it should be.
Don't know exactly what it is I wanted to say with all this but I got a point, no?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

That's a bit of a sweeping generalization as no one has a perfect life and we especially can't say this about Alizee, since we don't have full knowledge of every little detail of her life. But from what we do know, she does seem to have a very good life for sure. She seems to have struck a kind of balance that everyone usually strives for in their own lives. Like you said, she has a great family and great career, but I'm sure there are certain costs she had to pay in order to be where she is now. For example being away from her family for prolonged periods of time. So in short, I'd just say that where she is now is indeed a very good place for her, plus there are unlimited possibilities on her horizon.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

being swarmed by media / crazy fans anytime you go out in public is probably pretty frustrating.

the fact that you can never be anonymous again would be hard to deal with i think.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
being swarmed by media / crazy fans anytime you go out in public is probably pretty frustrating.

the fact that you can never be anonymous again would be hard to deal with i think.
Good point brad, but being able to keep everything in perspective and balanced despite all these distractions makes her life even more impressive.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

There's no such thing as a perfect life, it always involves choices and compromises. She's had some very good fortune and handled it well, but that in itself means she has had to give up some things -- like a normal life, which she said recently in an interview that she misses and has never had. She had to drop out of school in order to do her music. She never learned to drive, unless she's done that recently. Her political consciousness is late to bloom.

As for her happy family, I hope you're right, but it hasn't really been tested yet. She met Jérémy at the end of her former career, and had less than a year of performances before she went into temporary retirement. For the next year after that, she devoted herself entirely to her family, and then they were working together on this album for the next couple of years. It's only now that she's begun to be pulled away doing what she does when the wind is blowing. The next year or two is when they will discover whether their marriage is going to last or not. The first four were the easy part.

Also, as big a success as I feel Psychédélices is going to be, she will find herself tempted in ways she never was before when Mylène was handling everything, or in the interim when she was yesterday's news. I looked on her MySpace page today and she now has over 4,000 friends; the rate at which people are being added seems to be growing, as is the number of comments and, most likely, private messages. How long can she continue reading all of that? How long can she continue to be as down-to-earth and cool as we saw her being in that session with fans in Paris? There are only so many hours in a day.

We can make a judgment as to whether her life is perfect or nearly so only once she's dead. And hopefully that won't be for a long time. But it looks like a pretty good life overall, so far -- perfect or not.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-29-2007, 05:03 PM

Martin is on a distinguished road

You really cant say. I hope not but some day she might regret getting married and having a child so early. I find it restrictive for someone so young to be a wife and a mother. I have a negative approach towards early marriage. Of course I cant imagine her having a boring conventional family life like most normal people but I hope routine wont kill her sparkle and artistic thirst and passion. A "perferct" normal life can be counter productive for an artist as well. Sometimes you need to taste pain, go through tough times in order to create something with soul. A secure life where all things are set from the start and little change is happening might leave you with few things to say and express.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:07 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I think "a pretty good life overall" is an understatement and "perfect" might be an exaggeration.

I agree that we don't know every little detail of her life and that living always involves choices and compromises. But given these constraints I think one couldn't do any better. So when I said "perfect" I meant it in that sense only.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:25 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
You really cant say. I hope not but some day she might regret getting married and having a child so early. I find it restrictive for someone so young to be a wife and a mother. I have a negative approach towards early marriage.
I agree with martin because i think that she couldn´t enjoy her successful life too much
I think she at her 23 years old hasn´t enjoyed her success when she has a husband and she has to take care of a daughter

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cocoroa; 11-29-2007 at 06:29 PM..
Old 11-29-2007, 06:51 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Martin and cocoroa,
I'm a bit surprised by your statements. What do you mean by "enjoy"? If you mean "go out and party all night and travel a lot and live extravagantly", then no, maybe not, but that's not everyone's idea of enjoyment. And some people might prefer to be a little bored and/or boring than to be tortured, passionate artists (or trainwrecks for that matter).
Old 11-29-2007, 07:17 PM
moi coco

cocoroa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Martin and cocoroa,
I'm a bit surprised by your statements. What do you mean by "enjoy"? If you mean "go out and party all night and travel a lot and live extravagantly", then no, maybe not, but that's not everyone's idea of enjoyment. And some people might prefer to be a little bored and/or boring than to be tortured, passionate artists (or trainwrecks for that matter).
you didn´t understand me fsquared
for me enjoy life is to live with no worries
at her 23 years old she has too much responsabilities
is just that

But what do we know??, maybe she likes this and she enjoys it, as a fan of her I just want her to be happy and I wanna know that she´s happy doing what she does, and if we can help her to feel happy... awesome

Lili... with you till the end of the world
don´t forget to watch my alizee video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UskLRxB_XFM

TA4E!!!!!!!!!