Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 PM

mal is on a distinguished road
Default Ebay - More now

I see the ebay ads and I took a look at many. Shouldnt we be linking to Amazon or some other music dealer? Ebay has a LOT of pirated material. Someone could be burning Alizee cd's in their basment selling them thru here.... Just a thought. Id hate to see her sales effected by pirates.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

The only link to buy Alizée's CDs that is designated by this site is in the top-right corner, and it links to Amazon. The Google ads may link to eBay, but those links are chosen by Google's algorithm. So I'm not sure of what links you're referring to.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with eBay. While it's true that there is piracy on eBay, this is primarily with DVDs, and you can quickly tell if somebody deals in copyright infringement by reading their feedback. I've made countless successful disc purchases on eBay, and all were legitimate but one, and that was because I did not read feedback.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
I see the ebay ads and I took a look at many. Shouldnt we be linking to Amazon or some other music dealer? Ebay has a LOT of pirated material. Someone could be burning Alizee cd's in their basment selling them thru here.... Just a thought. Id hate to see her sales effected by pirates.
MAL I GOT THE SAME THING. My mom can't read French so amazon.fr was off the list. So she got En Concert from ebay. It came with 3 CDs with bad quality and no book inside.
I knew it was the wrong thing so I sent it back.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

yea those ebay ads are google ads. it's generated on its own, but if you look at the buy alizee CDs and DVD link at the upper right corder, it takes you to amazon.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:51 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
yea those ebay ads are google ads. it's generated on its own, but if you look at the buy alizee CDs and DVD link at the upper right corder, it takes you to amazon.

AMIGO! dude wheres that pic on your avatar??? you have the whole thing?? wow hook me up!

um yea total links to ebay ads for Alizee on the front page. Is there any way to effect how google advertises here? cant request no ebay? just looking at some of them their clearly bs.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
AMIGO! dude wheres that pic on your avatar??? you have the whole thing?? wow hook me up!
That's a close up of from the album cover of Psychédélices

Quote:
um yea total links to ebay ads for Alizee on the front page. Is there any way to effect how google advertises here? cant request no ebay? just looking at some of them their clearly bs.
Google controls its own ads, and doesn't take input.