Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road
Default Les Enfoirés 2008 Showing for the Pacific Northwest Crowd

I know this is my first post in what seems like FOREVER... I'm so sorry everyone I'm sure by now there are a whole host of new members that don't even know who the hell I am...

Anyway...

This is an anouncement for the western Washington (and Oregon..Tony, this means you if you're still out there) crowd. Although the date isn't set yet, we will be planning to show Les Enfoirés 2008, complete with our Angle, in its entirety on the La Crème Brûlée projection system some time in March (although if delays in obtaining our DVD or people's schedules conflict too much we might push it back). Look to this thread for updates. Unlike some of the more "formal" concerts we've done at La Crème Brûlée in the past, this is meant to be a casual affair and a chance to both watch Les Enfoirés 2008 and get up and talk with each other. At this point it is not planned to serve the restaurant's full menu, but rather Bertrand will be cooking up both sweet and savory crèpes. This will alow Bertrand to stay out of the kitchen while he cooks and come out and fully enjoy the party. The event will be open to any Alizée fans that would like to attend, both those that have enjoyed our events in the past, and any Alizée fans in the area we haven't had a chance to meet yet. I just didn't want the out-of-state folks to think it was gonna be one of the big events that we've done in the past that would have been worth to travel a long way for (like Alizée's birthday party we had last year).
Old 02-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Whoever can go to this do. It's a great time...
Old 02-27-2008, 01:45 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

ill be there...

JK

sorry, not this time
Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

I'd love to go, but I'm still shooting for Mexico. Then there's the looming April start time for the "tour" (but no specific details for the given month -- perhaps a N. American visit after Mexico or a concert in Mexico???)...

BTW, welcome back CF!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 02-27-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
I'd love to go, but I'm still shooting for Mexico. Then there's the looming April start time for the "tour" (but no specific details for the given month -- perhaps a N. American visit after Mexico or a concert in Mexico???)...

BTW, welcome back CF!
No problems. Like I said this isn't a big production like some of our past events have been, much more of a casual get-together for the locals. If people have tons of loose cash and time hanging around (which a don't expect many of us do), they are certainly welcome, but I was hoping to use this to get the message out to us locals and possibly to ones that might be lurking around here that we haven't met (the Google map of Alizée fans on the offical site seems to indicate there are ).

PS - Thanks; It's good to be back
Old 02-27-2008, 09:51 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

sounds like a good time. just sounds like a group of guys hangin out of a friday night on their day off or something. nothing huge like last time.

would there be something in the likes of last time coming up sometime later this year? like an "alizee comeback" celebration, with a compilation of all her performances up to that point. just a thought.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I'll be there!

Welcome back.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:08 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

I've got 10 days off of school near the end of March and I have been interested in attending a party this year, but not for a casual event. Is this the party for this year or are you planning something else as well?

Next year could be a better opportunity for me or it might be worse. I'll certainly be closer to the USA then.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Play a drinking game and take shots every time you spot us in the crowd. Will hopefully be flat on yar arses by the end!

Last edited by Ben; 02-29-2008 at 02:16 AM..
Old 02-29-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
I've got 10 days off of school near the end of March and I have been interested in attending a party this year, but not for a casual event. Is this the party for this year or are you planning something else as well?

Next year could be a better opportunity for me or it might be worse. I'll certainly be closer to the USA then.
Yeah, this is only gonanbe a casual event so it might not be worth such a large trip (arhuable the birthday party would have been the right event to make an effort for, that was pretty awesome). As far as future events, I expect that we'll have them but there are no specific plans at this point. We might do another birthday party, but in the case of the last one there were a lot of elements that just happened to come together to make that one extra special, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to top it... of course it is Alizée we're talking about, so that not to say we might anyway... we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Play a drinking game and take shots every time you spot us in the crowd. Will hopefully be flat on yar arses by the end!
Hahaha... might do, might do...

Last edited by CFHollister; 02-29-2008 at 02:21 AM..