Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road
Default What the French think of Americans

I just saw this video of Lara Fabian and Melissa Mars, obviously talking about Americans. I picked up a few words of the french, but not much more. Are they mocking us?, what are they saying? I wonder if that's the general feeling the French have of Americans.

<object codebase="http://go.divx.com/plugin/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab" height="400" width="720" classid="clsid:67DABFBF-D0AB-41fa-9C46-CC0F21721616"><param name="autoplay" value="false"><param name="src" value="http://video.stage6.com/1680159/.divx" /><param name="custommode" value="Stage6" /><param name="showpostplaybackad" value="false" /><embed type="video/divx" src="http://video.stage6.com/1680159/.divx" pluginspage="http://go.divx.com/plugin/download/" showpostplaybackad="false" custommode="Stage6" autoplay="false" height="400" width="720" /></object>
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I'm at work and can't see the vid, but I know Melissa Mars and Lara Fabian did a piece together called something along the lines of "American Men" which is a complaint about exactly that.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:24 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

im sure some do, they are just jealous they aren't as pretty as alizée
Old 10-03-2007, 10:44 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
im sure some do, they are just jealous they aren't as pretty as alizée
A problem that plagues many. Can't compete with perfection, after all.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Well, just by them putting my Flag in that barrel of oil, prolly does indicate a dig (not a good one). I dunno, I still never like it when people discrace a flag. I would never do that to anyone's flag, especially an ally's. I can't say what I would do if I saw someone do that in real life--it definately wouldn't turn out good. Ugg, Imma stop now b4 this gets ugly.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:49 PM
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd716 View Post
Well, just by them putting my Flag in that barrel of oil, prolly does indicate a dig (not a good one). I dunno, I still never like it when people discrace a flag. I would never do that to anyone's flag, especially an ally's. I can't say what I would do if I saw someone do that in real life--it definately wouldn't turn out good. Ugg, Imma stop now b4 this gets ugly.
I agree, that definately crossed the line
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:04 PM

Capn is on a distinguished road

yeah I can't stand that I don't consider that funny at all thats just not cool

Old 10-03-2007, 11:31 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

No country has the corner on stupid and insensitive people. Simply never assume the actions of a few ever represent the fellings of all.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn’t get too upset about it or take it personally. Every country on earth (including ours) has people who do this sort of thing. I wouldn’t automatically assume a whole nation is in agreement for what a few are saying.

I’d like to see a translation of it though, so I could clearly understand what Lara Fabian and Melissa Mars are saying, and especially how they are saying it. Then I would know what to think of them.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:52 PM
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I’d like to see a translation of it though, so I could clearly understand what Lara Fabian and Melissa Mars are saying, and especially how they are saying it. Then I would know what to think of them.
Here's an online translation of the lyrics:

"Men, When they dance as person When they sing, that that rings astaire to Morrisson Of The yanks, When they
throw good wine One would screw for them bread There, this is more our buddies

Just as we, They do evil just as we, They do the good As one can be animal One also human being Etre
homéricains

Men, When Michael Moore cop On a system "that Bush" one Of Kabul to Enron Of The yanks, When stand up the
false breasts The fast-foods to False every corner meat in the hands

Just as we, They do evil just as we, They do the good As one can be animal One also human being Etre
homéricains

Men, When the lesson that they give Is to be as an alone man To The foot of the turns ghosts

Yanks, When in the name of the divine one They sip their neighbor to be able to fill up

Just as we, They do evil just as we, They do the good As one can be animal One also human being just as we,
They are men We are also yanks Never faith does not abandon The men, the homéricains…"

they're basically just making fun of americans for what americans are usually made fun for: 'fast food and breast-augmentations'
Closed Thread