User22 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation The line of "Off-Topic" and "Alizée Discussion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
/thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
FOR GODS SAKE STOP DOING THAT CRAP!

Why the hell people want to keep ending threads is beyond me. We're a forum, we live off of threads! So if you plan on just ending them, don't bother to begin them. A lot of fun comes from digging around and finding old fun threads(which, I believe, is what earned me the nickname of the forum's necromancer?). If you keep trying to just end them, which in turn might just get them locked.. what's the point?
Quote:
On a more serious note MA and I were talking about how the line between "Off-Topic" threads and "Alizee Discussion" threads is starting to dissapear. The Off-Topic attitude is drifiting into the Alizee Discussion and therefore making them unreadable for those that want to get some meaning out of them...I hope you understand...I might make a thread about this. I am somewhat hypocritical in saying this though but it needs to be addressed...

Quote:
Huh, yeah, that I can get.

But at the same time, with such little activity on her end, I feel like that is just going to occur anyways. I mean, it's really hard to discuss something over and over again with nothing new added to the mix without going off topic..

*shrug*
Please continue the discussion...

Guys, as much as we would like to talk about off-topic stuff a lot and do it almost everywhere on the forum, it should only happen in the Off-Topic section. Yes, it is okay for jokes to be said in the Alizee Discussion Sub-Forum, but not continuous Off-Topic stuff being said. We need to rebuild the boundary in order for people to be able to read threads better and get more meaning out of them.

Just imagine you are some newcomer to the site and want to see a new picture of Alizee from 2010 that was posted in August. Instead of you being able to search through a couple pages, you would have to go through almost 20 in order to find that picture. We need to keep stuff organized for newcomers and people that want to find meaning from threads in this forum and not just see how everyone is doing and who is talking about who.

Last edited by User22; 01-03-2011 at 01:16 AM..
Old 01-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Coolio.

Well, since I am technically the last to post of it, I shall await a response to respond to.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

Quote:
Coolio.

Well, since I am technically the last to post of it, I shall await a response to respond to.
Sorry I had to edit, go ahead
Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 AM

I do agree that we should, to some degree at least, be organized here. Not only for the newcomers, but for ourselves as well. I mean, it is kind of frustrating to going into a thread hoping to see some pictures, but end up digging through a dozen or so pages of discussion.

BUT. On the other hand, if we do, for the sake of clarity, try to stay strictly within topic of a thread, I feel that it'll get real quiet real fast. Maybe if this was a time when Alizée was more active, then it would be easier, and quite frankly, possible! But seeing as how she's really relaxed, it's hard to stay on topic with such little material to discuss.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please continue the discussion...

Guys, as much as we would like to talk about off-topic stuff a lot and do it almost everywhere on the forum, it should only happen in the Off-Topic section. Yes, it is okay for jokes to be said in the Alizee Discussion Sub-Forum, but not continuous Off-Topic stuff being said. We need to rebuild the boundary in order for people to be able to read threads better and get more meaning out of them.

Just imagine you are some newcomer to the site and want to see a new picture of Alizee from 2010 that was posted in August. Instead of you being able to search through a couple pages, you would have to go through almost 20 in order to find that picture. We need to keep stuff organized for newcomers and people that want to find meaning from threads in this forum and not just see how everyone is doing and who is talking about who.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
hahaaa!

But uh.. didn't you have a paper to write?

Old 01-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

Quote:
it's hard to stay on topic with such little material to discuss.
See now you/others don't even need to stay on topic! You/others can simply go to the off-topic and post your hearts out. But this just should happen as much as it is right now in the Alizee Discussions, Alizee News, etc.

We just need to re-build the line and ride it better...
Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
See now you/others don't even need to stay on topic! You/others can simply go to the off-topic and post your hearts out. But this just should happen as much as it is right now in the Alizee Discussions, Alizee News, etc.

We just need to re-build the line and ride it better...
I should've been clearer.

When I say off topic, I don't mean we'll be discussing Alizée's recent performance, and then all of a sudden switch to talking about automobile insurance. What I meant was that while discussing said performance, maybe we'll latch onto a small detail and go to town on it, which will, inevitable, go off topic.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I find it funny that it's okay to constantly discuss Alizee in Off-Topic, in threads that have nothing to do with her, but not vice-versa (I'M NOT BEING SARCASTIC! No offense intended, you know I love you Aaron. You have a good point. )

I generally try my best to stay on-topic on the Alizee Discussion forums, fer cereal. But it's been pointed out many times, there's nothing to talk about right now. For some people, saying the same thing over and over again doesn't cut it

It'll change soon, don't worry.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hahaaa!

But uh.. didn't you have a paper to write?
I know... exactly why I'm back...