Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-12-2007, 01:36 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Default Gorilla vs Grizzly Bear

Who would win? I think an 800lb Gorilla would jump on the back of a 1,200lb grizzly bear and rip its head off

Remember a gorilla has fingers and would probably gouge out the bears eyes, in which case the bear would be screwed.

Discuss
Old 04-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

yeah 72 was a good game, miami got denied...
Old 04-12-2007, 02:08 AM

painbringer is on a distinguished road

im gonna have to go with cro cop by left high kick

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfYg2moA4qM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfYg2moA4qM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

but seriously. Can be we serious here please??? we wont know until we put them together. what we need a sick, rich bastard that will do this. come on you sick, rich bastards get off ur lazy asses.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Strange thread you started here...
Assuming that they aren't hindered by climates I have to go with the Grizzly. The Gorilla is strong but it isn't a predator (just very territorial), the Grizzly is. Gorillas aren't designed for killing and tearing up flesh on a daily basis, Grizzlies are. A few good bytes and the Gorilla isn't going to have any fingers left to be doing any grabbing. Your asking if a herbivore can defeat a omnivorous predator. And besides Gorillas hunt in packs, bears don't, in a one on one fight the bear has the advantage. Sure maybe if it was a black bear then I might go with the Gorilla, but against the Grizzly I think it would be a good fight but in the end the teeth and claws of the grizzly will do the most damage, and even if the Grizzly loses its eyes it will still be able to smell the Gorilla, bears have an excellent sense of smell, why you never leave food laying around unless you want to be woken up by a bear having your breakfast. And once provoked Grizzlies very rarely if ever back down until the fight is finished.

Besides I've never heard of someone being killed by a Gorilla (except in movies), living with them yes, but not killed, unlike with Grizzlies. But being Canadian we don't have Gorillas, only Grizzlies so it might have happened. Usually once a Gorilla chases you away from it's territory you should be fine, if a Grizzly is after you(it is best not to provoke one so that hopefully it just walks away and doesn't start chasing you to begin with), you better hope it isn't hungry because it might give up after a while if it is only being aggressive and gets bored of chasing you (assuming you can avoid getting caught that long), but if it is hungry and considers you food your pretty much out of luck. But in reality both these animals are not generally aggressive unless they are provoked (myths that they are is caused by movies), if they feel you are challenging them then they will get aggressive, but if you keep your cool and back away slowly they shouldn't even bother you to begin with. Polar bears however can and do stalk humans, are highly intelligent and deadly, so although they might look friendly in Coca-Cola commercials, unless you are doing a project for national geographic stay the hell away from them. (If you want to see wild Polar Bears go to Churchill, Manitoba and stay on the bus. Tundra Buggy.jpg)

Now when it comes Guerrillas vs Grizzlies though I would give it to the Guerrillas any day, bears just weren't designed to be a match against well aimed bullets.

Last edited by Twitch; 04-12-2007 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2007, 04:41 AM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

SupaKrupa is on a distinguished road

Intereresting read. Next time I see a grizzly I'll be sure to annoy it

And yes, the bear would shred a gorilla apart. Hmm... I wanna fight a gorilla one day just for fun.

Tu es l'envie du monde
Old 04-12-2007, 05:38 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles FTW!

:P

Ed
Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

just a little info on Bart the bear... 1,500 pounds, standing 9-1/2 feet tall. Food consumption was 60lbs a day.
Bart and his adoption father, Doug Seus

The Griz can move at speeds up to 35mph, has six inches of solid bone in his forward skull and has the strength to rip a gorilla in half. It is not only large, but fast also. A gorilla wouldn't have time to jump on the bears back before the bear knocked his head off. There i did what i could to help your thread Matrix, but i don't know how many other people are going to care enough to respond...
Old 04-12-2007, 07:16 AM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

Gorilla's are smarter...

SEE!!!!!

Gorilla FTW

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road

Painbringer,

Crocop is the man, indeed.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Free gun with every suit!