Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-26-2007, 02:42 AM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road
Default Is it me or do people have no respect anymore?

So lately I got a new job at the Get N Go Shell Gas Station well today at work some guy comes in and buys a pack of cigarettes and a 32 case of beer. After I gave him his change and everything, I went to restock some of the cigarettes and I looked and realized the beer was still there so i thought the guy went to the restroom, seriously the pack is pretty big shouldn't be that hard to remember. well a few minutes later I see the guy drive off. I tell my manager that he forgot his beer, and she tells me to put it in the freezer in case he comes back. A few minutes later he comes back and I politely tell the guy his beer is in the freezer. He starts yelling at me and calling me a prick. He grabs his beer and talks to my manager out front. She taps on the window giving me the notion to come outside. She said the guy said "That little sh** in there didn't remind me to take my beer" "I was sitting in my car packing my cigarettes and that bastard didn't bring my beer out." She told me she told him it wasn't my fault that he forgot his beer. The thing I find funny is that he remembers his small pack of cigarettes but forgets his case of beer thats bigger then his head. Like seriously all that for a case of beer. I found that guys attitude very uncalled for Any interesting stories from your places of work?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:52 AM

marik is on a distinguished road

i dont have respect,but if they respect me ill do the same...
Old 10-26-2007, 03:00 AM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marik View Post
i dont have respect,but if they respect me ill do the same...
Thats how I am basically, If they respect me I'll give them respect. I know not all people are mean, most people that come in are nice, and they understand I'm new so they wont give me a hard time. One lady was actually giving me tips when running the register. But omg that guy pissed me off, pissed my manager off and all my co-workers off. They couldn't believe he took out his forgetting his beer on me the way he did.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:59 AM
Norwegian

Fusoya is on a distinguished road

I dont understand why there are so many people who dont respect eachother.
Its just wrong, I guess this guy have had enough to drink already.
Personaly I respect everyone, but if they are disrespectful against me I normally just ignore them.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

It I was in the same situation I'd just cite the 'American's Creed'...a democracy within a republic...based on equality and justice. Subsequently, a person's right to protect his property unto himself. Since it was his property he had the right to protect it, granted. Since he didn't the negligence is upon his own head.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:56 AM
<<My cat watching Alizee

Alizee_is_Scottish! is on a distinguished road

Real men never leave a beer behind, never mind 36.

Inform him of this at your next meeting. His mum will tell you off for bullying, but the world will continue to turn.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:03 AM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee_is_Scottish! View Post
Very well said! Personally I think this guy will be drinking all alone and will need all 36 to cry in.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee_is_Scottish! View Post
Given that we're almost certaily talking about domestic American "beer" that comes in cases of cans, real men don't drink such... imitations.

Now... where's my 22oz. Boundary Bay Scotch Ale?
Save the Ales!

Last edited by CFHollister; 10-26-2007 at 07:19 AM..
Old 10-26-2007, 08:45 AM

Calisto is on a distinguished road

Heh I'm sadly all too familiar with that attitude also.

I'm a manager at a GameStop, and we usually have at least one customer per day that tries to cause trouble. Most of it comes from trade in values, that people do not seem to understand.

For instance you can trade in your old PS2s and Xboxs for other stuff, but they are only worth about 25-30$. Some people when they hear this just go crazy saying they paid 300$ for it...and start shouting. I always try to get them to understand they paid 300$ for it 7 years ago when it first came out. I really don't think the value should be that suprising, but I guess some people are expecting us to give them 150$ for a system we sell for $79.99.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:21 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

The best attitude to take when working in a place like that is to be the little "light of comfort" to the miserable souls who venture in. This guy was obviously upset, and I doubt it was really about the beer...or even about you.

I've found the first step is to let them have their vent, taking a step to vindicate their misery...such as "I'm sorry sir, I didn't notice you had left your beer until you were gone. As soon as I noticed, I put it in the fridge to keep it cold for you". That response should disarm most "good" folk, and they will either back off their vent or maintain the same level of vent. In both those cases, you've done your job of providing a bit of comfort for them.

However, if they escalate after your apology, back off and call the police. They are either not of sound mind, or their beligerance is a ploy designed to get you off guard and vulnerable. These are rare, but they do exist. Your apology, in this instance, will be interpreted as weaknes. So you must be ready to act quickly to call for reinforcements.