Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road
Default Interview on Yahoo.fr

http://video.music.yahoo.com/up/musi...728431---Alize

A nice little interview with Alizée which further clears up some issues with her album. It's nice to see how differently she presents herself now that she is a grown woman.

Here's a little translation I put together, but it still needs improvement and I'm not sure if I translated some phrases correctly.

Quote:
-Why such a long absence?-

To take the time to slow everything down, whether it be the music, the lyrics, the preparation of the models (promos?), the recordings, and so on, and to take my time to offer something different and well-made to the public.

-How is it that you came to a decision about the collaborations?-

When I started to prepare the album, I needed to ask myself and know what I really felt like doing and saying. As a matter of fact, I took a piece of paper and I made a list of the people with whom I wished to work with. Afterwards, ---------. And then I started to call these people or went to meet them in studio, or, very simply, during a concert. I asked them if they wanted to participate in this little adventure, and they all answered with a “Yes,” and so I was able to let go of my list (?). And then I took the first few who answered “Yes” first.

Jean Faque brought [to the team] his experience, the easiness with which he gives the lyrics double meanings, and everyone brought some of their styles: Oxmo Puccino brought his urban style, from Daniel Darc the 80s. And there you have it... everyone brought a little bit of everything.

-Why the title “Psychedelices?”-

I think that it covers everything which happens in the album: the voyages, the universes/styles, the moods. I think that it serves as an invitation to this voyage throughout the songs and throughout the themes.

-How do you define this new album?-

Throughout this album, I tried to bring together different styles of music – very different even – and to travel throughout these musical universes. I think that if one needed to place it in a category, it would be rather pop with with rock and urban influences and a little bit of everything. A mix of everything.

-What subjects do you tackle in this album?- need help with this one

I would say that that I’m the main subject of the songs, I recount various stories. It’s just so that people can travel throughout this outlying world which is not necessarily real. There are some songs which are about real life, but the main goal is just to cause people to forget some of their daily life and to make people travel – and I think that’s the mood of the album: travel.

-Conclusion-

I’m delighted with what I’ve done and the album that I’ve created. I have the feeling today that I couldn’t have done any better than I have already done (?), and I hope that people will be moved by this universe, as it is overall in invitation to journey through many musical styles which are quite different. And I just hope that people will behave themselves (?).

Last edited by Toc De Mac; 11-21-2007 at 11:33 PM..
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

I love to travel
Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Excellent find. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:19 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Hah, it's cool but i like the interlude song which is from "Mon taxi driver" and then the traffic light goes green.

Which now tells me that the traffic light on the album cover is most definately from the song mon taxi driver.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

She has such a lovely way about her. i could listen to her talk all day long. She is so pleasant to listen to.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesGourmandises View Post
Hah, it's cool but i like the interlude song which is from "Mon taxi driver" and then the traffic light goes green.

Which now tells me that the traffic light on the album cover is most definately from the song mon taxi driver.
Why do things need to be so black, white, and compartmentalized? Sure there may be a connection between the trafic light symbol and Mon Taxi Driver, but whose to say that it might not also represent other symbolic connections to elements of other parts fo the album, or to the album in a more general sense?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:49 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
Why do things need to be so black, white, and compartmentalized? Sure there may be a connection between the trafic light symbol and Mon Taxi Driver, but whose to say that it might not also represent other symbolic connections to elements of other parts fo the album, or to the album in a more general sense?
Hah, are you kidding? lol
It's just a comparison, relax!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Sweet!..I saw this @work today while on lunch . Yahoo and Sony/BMG music signed an exclusive music deal recently, so we may be gettin alot of Alizee stuff in the future via Yahoo.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the main goal is just to cause people to forget some of their daily life and to make people travel – and I think that’s the mood of the album: travel.
Isn't that the truth...
Old 11-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

Thanks Toc De Mac. The interview gave us some great insight into her world.