Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-18-2007, 01:44 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road
Default About all these Mylene/Alizee discussions

I really think it's interesting how there is always an undercurrent of discussion that somehow Alizée and Mylene had some kind of bad split. Personally, I find it amazing that Mylene and Laurent were both able to continue the Mylene train AT THE SAME time running the Alizée train and keeping BOTH at the top of each game. That's a helluva a lot of work.

But from a split standpoint, keep in mind how Alizée came to be. Mylene and Laurent had a collection of songs that did not fit their genre. They wanted a "Lolita" to bring the songs to life. They found Alizée. How long can something like that last? The songs...the lyrics...even the choreography...was Mylene and Laurent....targeted to a specific genre. It is the natural order of such things that Alizée move from that world to her own world.....her songs...her lyrics....her choreography...a new genre.

Hence, I don't see the split as something bad. It is a normal course of change.

That said, don't be surprised to see the three team up down the road in a few years...and don't be surprised if Alizée springs one of those old songs on the crowd in concert.

So we really got to get over this Mylene vs Alizée thing. They are two wonderful artists....each with their own colors, their own canvas, their own audience....both create beautiful musical paintings...there is no competition...there is no animosity. Two artists. Two beautiful galleries. Just enjoy 'em folks. Enjoy their art.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:52 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Mylène was never some evil step-mother, she was a mentor to Alizée. At some point, everybody must go out on their own, which is exactly what Alizée did.

It's not an Obi-Wan / Darth Vader thing, it's more like a Qui-Gonn / Obi Wan thing.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post

It's not an Obi-Wan / Darth Vader thing, it's more like a Qui-Gonn / Obi Wan thing.

Except Mylene wasn't sliced in half by a an evil creature

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

i really think should stop already

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 11-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Norwegian

Fusoya is on a distinguished road

Good post, Ogre.
I totally agree
Old 11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Personally, I find it amazing that Mylene and Laurent were both able to continue the Mylene train AT THE SAME time running the Alizée train and keeping BOTH at the top of each game. That's a helluva a lot of work.
Not at the glacial pace Mylène writes. But otherwise, I agree with you completely. I always thought the "war" between her and Alizée was a load of hooey. Considering that Mylène came along, plucked the teenage Alizée out of near-obscurity, gave her an opportunity such as most aspiring singers only dream of, and cut years and uncertainty off the process of becoming successful in that terribly difficult business, for Alizée to be in some kind of feud with her old mentor would mean either that she was an ungrateful, spoiled little snot, or that Mylène had done something truly horrendous to her (blackmail? rape? torture?), neither of which is remotely credible.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-18-2007, 04:56 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Considering that Mylène came along, plucked the teenage Alizée out of near-obscurity, gave her an opportunity such as most aspiring singers only dream of, and cut years and uncertainty off the process of becoming successful in that terribly difficult business, for Alizée to be in some kind of feud with her old mentor would mean either that she was an ungrateful, spoiled little snot, or that Mylène had done something truly horrendous to her (blackmail? rape? torture?), neither of which is remotely credible.
lol thats a lot to squeeze in one sentence. i like how your mind works.

there was never any "feud" between the 2 of them in the first place. simply put, alizee was the lolita, mylene needed a lolita, over the years, the lolita and mylene needed to part ways because the lolita had to grow up sooner or later, blah blah blah. i dont know why its such a big discussion to be honest with you. lets focus on the now, yeah?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

It was tabloid trash when it first was reported, and it has never risen above that level.

Unfortunately, there is a certain percentage of the population stupid enough to believe what they read in the tabloids, or see in trashy television.

There has never been a hint that it was anything other than amiable and friendly, and there have been plenty of statements from the involved parties that there was no problem. What more do people want?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:39 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

we want alizée's version of "hit 'em up" ....jk
Old 11-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Est. 11-10-2007

DirtyACE is on a distinguished road

In a way it sounds like it was a marriage/relationship of convenience, of sorts. Mylene had material that didn't really fit her and Alizee happened to come along at just the right time. Now that I think about it, had another girl been chosen over Alizee, none of us would be here. Perhaps the stars were aligned in our and Alizee's favor on that night of 1999