Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-24-2008, 05:11 AM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road
Default The Occult

So, I know some of you are into the "occult", whatever you would so define that as. For me, it means non-mainstream religious practices, belief/acknowledgment of spiritual entities, shamanism, and so forth. I've obviously not covered them all, but I think it gives a general idea of how I view the field. So, here I am, and I'm not given to belief or practice of such things. I have to ask, no condescension intended, what's the appeal of it? And the practical side: What's the benefit of believing in and practicing things considered occult? I'm going to remain completely silent in regards to any replies; typically find out more that way.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:26 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
you should be interested in corsican black or white magic called "mazzerismu" then
our shamans are able to cure diseases and remove curses
ppl are pretty superstitious here
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_n13978435
cheers
Old 01-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

This is dangerously close to a discussion of religion, which is considered a forbidden subject on these forums. Threads that discuss especially sensitive of inflammatory subjects like religion are typically and quickly shut down and deleted.

Just a friendly heads-up ...
Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrelion View Post
I have to ask, no condescension intended, what's the appeal of it?
It's not so much that there's "appeal" as that there's no choice.

Magic is a dimension of reality that a person who's sensitive to it can perceive. It's THERE, and makes itself known whether you want it to or not. You can deal with it (and this includes believing in it) . . . or you can refuse to, and try to hold onto a view of reality that excludes it, and end up pretty crazy.

Quote:
And the practical side: What's the benefit of believing in and practicing things considered occult?
As a force, magic operates by altering the probabilities of indeterminate events, making things more or less likely to turn out a certain way. This has all sorts of applications, in spiritual as well as practical terms (in fact the former is actually the more important). It can be used for healing, for gathering information, for blessings and other shaping of fate, for influencing chaotic natural processes such as the weather. It's especially useful for improved emotional connections between people, and for opening up the spirit to the All of which we are all holographic parts.

AC -- from the descriptions I've read, the Mazzeri are really different! I can't think of another magical tradition anywhere in the world that is quite like them. These are the "spirit hunters" or "dream hunters," right, the ones that predict death? I've also heard that they are dying out. Have you actually met one?

I can sense that the whole island of Corsica is talismanic and very powerful. Perhaps that's why the people living there tend to be superstitious.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-24-2008, 12:42 PM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

hi
it's difficult to know if ppl are mazzeri or not, thery generaly keep the secret
same for women called "streghe
those who are into white magic are more appreciated, actually there aren't clear limits between white an black magic, it's up to the guy or the woman to act for the good or for the bad
sorcerers are basically medicine men though
I don't think they're dying, there are many young ppl who are interested in those old traditions, they study old ceremonies, herbs etc...
it's not an old men or women stuff, many young ppl are also very superstitious
cheers
Old 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM
The Presence

chrelion is on a distinguished road

I'm taking a position of curiosity, rather than trying to start any debates or hot-topic wars. If it does get out of hand, I'd have no squabbles with it being deleted.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaccio corsica View Post
it's difficult to know if ppl are mazzeri or not, thery generaly keep the secret
OK, that makes sense.

Quote:
actually there aren't clear limits between white an black magic, it's up to the guy or the woman to act for the good or for the bad
Definitely true. The distinction "white" and "black" magic comes from the Renaissance or late Middle Ages, when two schools of Christian esotericism emerged, both of them (IMO) a bit perverse, in that they both involved the summoning of evil spirits/demons for magical purposes. A function of the Christian belief that the material world was the domain of evil, I believe. "White" magicians used the names of God and holy images to bind and force the demons to serve, while "black" magicians actually made pacts with them and entered into mutual service.

Any magic you do affects you as well as the object of your working, so doing bad stuff isn't generally a wise idea.

Quote:
it's not an old men or women stuff, many young ppl are also very superstitious
One young person in particular that I can think of. In fact, my telepathic/magical encounters with her are the reason I'm here.

BTW, we've had this kind of topic before. The mods don't seem to lock them down automatically. If we avoid getting into jihad mode, we should be fine.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-24-2008, 04:19 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road
Default Umm what?? Alizee and the occult?

Now even I cannot believe this that was said in another thread.

Someone mentioned the fact that Alizee is very much related to the occult, and has done occult acts in the past. Im sorry, but what? I need proof I can't even believe this so called fact.

Anyway, whoever posted said that you could see her occult-ness in the FUN TV interview, where she made the host close his eye and eat delicacies from Japan, which are, coincidentally for Frenchmen, "disgusting and repulsive". However, whoever referenced this called it 'force-feeding the host', claiming it was occult. Well in my opinion it's totally not.

But can anyone confirm the relation of Alizee to the occult? This is scaring me.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:35 PM

Zarose is on a distinguished road

This is probably just a missunderstanding steming from when Alizee mentions that she is very superstissious. Supperstition and "the occult" are often sadly mixed up. I would also assume that it might have something to do with her song Abracadabra which has often been though of as an "occult" word. Again this stigma stems from ingnorance. The word Abracadabra is a simple charm used to protect ones self from disease. Does it work? Does a christian cross keep evil away?

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think some people just hear the work Occult and freakout for notheing beacuse they don't really know anything about it.

That's just my take though.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Who honestly gives a damn?