Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road
Default online safety?

you know the old story they nail into our heads as little kids that we should not give out our personal information online because the worst of the worst varmints are out there looking for u but i am curious to know if any of you have had problems with online safety after giving out your picture, real name, or whatever. i am contemplating whether to give out my picture and name like some of you have on alizeeforum, here and the alliance.

thanks for your feedback.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post
you know the old story they nail into our heads as little kids that we should not give out our personal information online because the worst of the worst varmints are out there looking for u but i am curious to know if any of you have had problems with online safety after giving out your picture, real name, or whatever. i am contemplating whether to give out my picture and name like some of you have on alizeeforum, here and the alliance.

Well I've only posted pictures of myself on this forum, but I haven't had any problem with that, or posting my name.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if I would post my name....in this day and age with a name you can pretty much find anything, once you have a full name its quite simple to go about getting an address, phone number, even criminal records! But a picture? I think you'd be ok...

Then again, this is coming from a guy who still puts in a false DOB when I register for forums!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead2gold View Post
I'm not sure if I would post my name....in this day and age with a name you can pretty much find anything, once you have a full name its quite simple to go about getting an address, phone number, even criminal records! But a picture? I think you'd be ok...

Then again, this is coming from a guy who still puts in a false DOB when I register for forums!
lol, i put a false DOB really for no reason, i just did it
Old 05-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

mmm should put DOB in terms of Alizée years my Alizée DOB is June 24, 2006 so technically i am 0 years old
Old 05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

this is the only site i have ever used my real name on. how else would Lili be able to call me or write me love letters if she didn't know my real name?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

I'm not too threatened by the creeps that do that sorta stuff, i dont lie about my DOB, i dont lie about my gender, i dont lie about my occupation, i post pics, my real name is Joel, altough i perfer Drake...

Like if you look at my myspace page, you'll know plenty about me, and i'm not afreaid of it
http://myspace.com/Drake498

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 05-07-2007, 04:20 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

lol brad, i remember you saying that a long time ago

with me, i never give out my last name. but i do enjoy giving out my social security number every now and then... it's 535-93-0225. you stalkers enjoy.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:16 PM

Suitor is on a distinguished road

It`s not so bad. I don`t think that your name or DOB would be very usefull for someone. What would someone do with that info? Only thing that i could imagine is putting a curse on you.. Another thing if you post in public places something really specific like home address, mobile phone number, personal info(like diary), access codes to your bank account and so on..just don`t give too much info in places where it isn`t needed and it would be ok.(:
Old 05-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by garçoncanadien View Post

Why would it be any unsafer than giving them out in outside internet ?

My name, phone number, address, photos and everything has been on the net 15 years.

So far I have not been murdered or anything else. But then again, anyone could get those from other medias, too...