Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-05-2008, 03:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool I pod picture

A co-worker was looking for an i-pod on line and happened to stumble across this picture. He recognized her from all the times I've played her dvd's at work. Unfortunately he didn't write down the name of the site. Who knows how old it is! I wonder if anyone has seen it before.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Hmm...that's pretty cool, nice find. What job do you have that you can play her DVD's at work?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:35 PM

Cool The plane truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Hmm...that's pretty cool, nice find. What job do you have that you can play her DVD's at work?
I'm an aircraft technician. Some days we have planes beaking left and right and some days everything runs great. On days when things run great we have time to watch dvd's.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
A co-worker was looking for an i-pod on line and happened to stumble across this picture. He recognized her from all the times I've played her dvd's at work. Unfortunately he didn't write down the name of the site. Who knows how old it is! I wonder if anyone has seen it before.

Lol if I played Alizée's DVD at my work I would never hear the end of it of how I like French pop. Though they would think Alizée is cute but I could never actually play the DVD without getting my b*lls busted(some small ears).

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:09 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Lol if I played Alizée's DVD at my work I would never hear the end of it of how I like French pop. Though they would think Alizée is cute but I could never actually play the DVD without getting my b*lls busted(some small ears).

Oh I get my nads busted quite a bit. I've been called a stalker, an international pedofile and a few other things along the same lines. But the few people who say it in a serious manner, don't know a thing about me. Some are people who I had respect for in the past, but not any more. I learned many years ago that the majority of people you work with are just co-workers, nothing more. So their opinions mean nothing to me.

The ones that I feel somewhat close to, who's opinion do matter to me don't bother me a bit when they kid me along the same lines. I think if I thought of her in more ways than just loving her music, (especially from the early years) and admiring her beauty and great dancing ability, the things they say would bother me. But they don't. and I play her dvd's anytime I can. I usually make it a rule to show it to any mechanic who gets recalled here as part of their indoctrination.

We have what we call a ready room where we take our breaks at night and wait around in the day for planes to break. We have a message board where things are written pertaining to our job such as the combination to the jetbridge door on gate International 11 has been changed to 1234 or Massports frequency is 123.34. Well a few months back I added another message up there . It just said DTA 42 which meant Days til the Alizee concert was 42. Then when it got closer to that date, I added HTG 440.
In aviation. Aircraft have several components in a certain sysyem. Such as 4 A.C. generators. or 4 hydraulic pumps. Under what they call bascily an mel system. If one goes bad, the FAA gives us so many hours to fix something. So when we see something on what we call our run for work that needs to be done to an airplane at night, it might say the left electric hydraulic pump is inop and it will say next to it HTG 27, which means we have 27 hours to fix it or the plane is grounded. In this case the HTG 440 meant there were 440 hours to go until the Alizee concert. I'm sure a lot of people did a lot of head scratching trying to figure out what those messages meant. But the mechanics I knew well, knew what it meant and it didn't take long for everyone else to find out.

So I looked a little foolish once her concert was cancelled. But I couldn't care less, the DTA and the HTG figures are back up there. I just hope she gives me something to be proud of come March 28th.

A lot of times when I have a break and go up for coffee, I'll pull out my pda, (which I call my Alizée to go) and listen to some more of her music and if a fellow mechanic joins me, they don't have to ask who I'm listening to, they already know.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-06-2008 at 12:21 PM..
Old 12-06-2008, 12:23 PM

outlaw is on a distinguished road
Default me thinks

that picture coulda been taken @ the height of her popularity or that pic of her was jus lying around and decided 2 use it. check the date and type of ipod and commerical that is. should be able 2 get ur answer there.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:33 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

Kudos to you Scruffy for sharing Alizee at work. I'm a fellow aircraft structural maintainer. I've also tried to share Alizee with others at work, but we've been barred from connecting any media (i.e. thumbdrives, discs, etc) for awhile. I think that ipod pic is adorable of her and am sure someone should know what the internet address is. It's just Saturday night and everyone is out and about.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...573&topic=4209

Alizee: Wowww!

Last edited by rcs; 12-07-2008 at 01:38 AM..
Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

you sure that picture is from an ad promotion? probably some alizee fan that just stuck it on and tossed it on the internet....cuz it looks really bad quality to be made from any decent ipod selling site.
btw...why not buy from apple?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:05 AM

whitey® is on a distinguished road

I'm 100% sure that is just a photoshop.

The second angel poured his bowl into the sea,and it became like the blood of a dead man.
-APOCALYPSE

Last edited by whitey®; 12-08-2008 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: I'm 100% sure.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:05 AM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey® View Post
I'm 99.9% sure that is just a photoshop.
So you're 0.1% sure that she's actually inside of an ipod?

Tags
alizee i pod