Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road
Default R.I.P. Manute Bol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo Sports
KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP)—Manute Bol, a lithe 7-foot-7 (2.3-meter) shot-blocker from Sudan who spent 10 seasons in the NBA and was dedicated to humanitarian work in Africa, died Saturday. He was 47.

Bol died at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville, where he was being treated for severe kidney trouble and a painful skin condition, Tom Prichard, executive director of the group Sudan Sunrise, said in an e-mail.

“Sudan and the world have lost a hero and an example for all of us,” Prichard said. “Manute, we’ll miss you. Our prayers and best wishes go out to all his family, and all who mourn his loss.”

Bol played 10 seasons in the NBA with Washington, Golden State, Philadelphia and Miami and later worked closely as an advisory board member of Sudan Sunrise, which promotes reconciliation in Sudan. Bol averaged 2.6 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.3 blocked shots.

Janis Ricker, operations manager of Sudan Sunrise, said Saturday that the organization would continue its work building the school in Bol’s home village in southern Sudan. The building still lacks a second floor roof, she said.

She said Bol’s goal was to build 41 schools throughout Sudan.
now manute bol was a good family friend of my dads... i was actually supposed to leave on wednesday night to drive his 10yr old son to see him in the hospital, but then he was able to arrange flights and stuff so i didnt have to go... his older son chris who is 18 lived with me last summer and he is like a brother to me...crazy how this happend....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIYjXXvZrsI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hIYjXXvZrsI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

---------------------------------------------------