Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-09-2006, 01:01 AM

Matrix is on a distinguished road
Default British or French accent; what sounds sexier?

I love the british and french accent, both sound awesome to me. It's really tough to pick the best but if I was stranded on a deserted island and had a choice of which accent i was gonna hear for the next ten years from a woman... I think I would pick the british accent, surprise.

Of course if Alizee was in the option of who to hear for the next ten years, it would be french, lol

If you think about it, french doesn't really have an accent like the way the british speak english and sound to us americans, its more of just the way french sounds, french flows and sounds cool I could be way off in saying french doesn't really have an accent, I don't really know.

British women sound very sexy. Like the british accent being used by the female narrator in the Passengers video of Alizee, the video where she is wearing that black beret. She sounds awesome in that video

In France, can you tell what region of france someone lives in by the way they speak french? Here in usa, you know someone is from down South or east coast by the way they talk.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 AM

maareek is on a distinguished road

I just spent like a full minute in awe as Alizée, in your gif, was hitting the cymbals in time with Danny Carey in this version of Stinkfist I'm listening to. Has nothing to do with the topic, but I'm still dumbfounded at this point...I think I'm gonna keep this song on loop for awhile and just enjoy it.

Erm...on to the topic. I'm pretty sure there's different accents in different parts of France (I would extremely surprised if this wasn't found in every single language on the planet, slight variations in pronunciation and word usage in different regions just seems like it would apply everywhere).

As to whether I prefer a French or a British accent...it's kind of a hard choice as most of the French accents I've heard were speaking French. The one lady I knew pretty well who was French and still had a very pronounced accent makes it very hard to go against the French accent.

And it really depends on the area the British woman was from, as some region's dialects are quite annoying to listen to while others are completely intoxicating. And then you have to take into account the woman herself (I could listen to Keira Knightley talk all day, but I think I'd have to plug my ears listening to someone else using that dialect). So I'm gonna cop out and not answer and go back to watching this gif. ;p

My favorite all time accent would probably be a woman with a slight (slight, mind you) Georgia drawl. Southern belle, God I'm such a redneck.

Last edited by maareek; 11-09-2006 at 01:20 AM..
Old 11-09-2006, 01:34 AM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

I definitely would have said British three years ago. But I never really listened to a French woman speaking before then. The first time I really heard a French woman speaking French was Alizée's Fun TV interview.

I was completely hypnotized by her, so I would have to say French. I really enjoy listening to Lili speak in English with her accent too. I would love to hear her interviewed in English, even if she isn't that fluent.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I definitely would have said British three years ago. But I never really listened to a French woman speaking before then. The first time I really heard a French woman speaking French was Alizée's Fun TV interview.

I was completely hypnotized by her, so I would have to say French. I really enjoy listening to Lili speak in English with her accent too. I would love to hear her interviewed in English, even if she isn't that fluent.
me too i prefer the french and american accent over the british accent and i prefer the french language over English.

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 11-09-2006, 12:56 PM
silver bullet

neoteny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post

kinda like Audrey Tautou trying to speak english...i find it sexy. Alizee would make me...well...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xaKKRpmTwlE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xaKKRpmTwlE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited by neoteny; 11-09-2006 at 01:22 PM..
Old 11-09-2006, 01:41 PM

maareek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoteny View Post
kinda like Audrey Tautou trying to speak english...i find it sexy. Alizee would make me...well...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xaKKRpmTwlE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xaKKRpmTwlE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
The way she said "New York", "kind", and "pleasure" just floored me it was so cute. Man that made my day.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:18 PM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks, I never heard Audrey speaking English. I love that actress .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Edit: Ok, now I'm not lost, shes not french :/
Eh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audrey_Tautou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Out of all French accents, I think the Corsican one is the best. I don't so much like the parisien accent (tho, it's easier to understand ! ). Might be because I like very much Italian language, and Corsican accent has influenced by it a lot. And I like how smooth the Corsican accent is !
Am I the only one who can't hear the Corsican accent?
Or is it a trick that only foreigners can catch?
Maybe sometimes Alizée has a little weird way to speak and sometimes she "eats" some of her words (still, not that much) but I'm very positive that it's herself only, not an accent, and nothing I heard in other Corsicans' mouths, either politic or showbiz people.

Last edited by aFrenchie; 11-09-2006 at 03:26 PM..
Old 11-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
Thanks, I never heard Audrey speaking English. I love that actress .
You should watch her English movies.

Like Dirty pretty things, which is one of my favorites from her. Her accent is very sweet !

Btw, that youtube clip is old. She speaks much better English nowadays (watch for example Da Vinci Code)

edit:
Ah... I just realized that the clip above is from the DVD extras of Dirty pretty things.

Last edited by RMJ; 11-09-2006 at 03:42 PM..
Old 11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFrenchie View Post
She says she has a turkish accent in the video :/

Now I'm even more confused than I was earlier...
Old 12-21-2006, 02:19 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i was reading through this thread again .. and i think this is neoteny's best post of all time .. i just watched this video 10 times in a row...