Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb [Split] Alizée on star story - career discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
.......... She needs some real professionals guiding the ship for a change......
She gave up an awful lot when she left MF and LB, not only the great music and directing of Laurent and the lyrics and tutoring of MF but all the experience and connections these two had in the industry.

Finding someone who knows what they're doing is a tall order. People who can make a difference don't grow on trees and most are probably already tied up with other artists. Plus wouldn't her trying to find someone to help her move in the right direction be a slap in the face to Jeremy. I know there are others involved in managing her career, but I think he has a lot of influence in it.

They said on that tv show that the people want to see Alizée's panties. Would it had made a difference with UEDS if she had some sexy dances choreographed or sexy outfits put together for some of these songs? Surely a well put together video can do a lot for a song, but could something along those lines made UEDS a commercial success? I don't think so, but I could be very wrong. I think it's ultimately the song first that has to be very good and if it's very good, it will do well on it's own merit, but a good dance routine or video can add a great deal more to it's popularity.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
...They said on that tv show that the people want to see Alizée's panties. Would it had made a difference with UEDS if she had some sexy dances choreographed or sexy outfits put together for some of these songs? Surely a well put together video can do a lot for a song, but could something along those lines made UEDS a commercial success? I don't think so, but I could be very wrong. I think it's ultimately the song first that has to be very good and if it's very good, it will do well on it's own merit, but a good dance routine or video can add a great deal more to it's popularity.

A really good song is the starting point. A good video or other promotion gets it noticed above all the other stuff out there.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I think "panties" is being a little unfair to the French public and Alizée's old fans. It implies that there was nothing to her success beyond sex appeal. I think that's absurd. Sure, there was a portion of her audience that was like that, but for the most part her fans were into the whole package, including the music, the choreography, and above all Alizée's personality. Psychédélices was too big a change for some, and UEDS even more so. UEDS is an artistic album that appeals to those who already like electronica, and that alas is not a wide audience.

As I've said many times, there was no sacrifice in leaving Mylène. There was no way that relationship could have continued. It was targeted towards a niche that Alizée could not fill as an adult. Striking out on her own was absolutely necessary. Of course, that involves risk of stumbling. UEDS was a commercial stumble. I believe she'll find her footing and the type of music that works for her and finds her audience. By staying with M&L, all she could have done was to decline. She may fail on her own. She would certainly have failed with them.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Sure, there was a portion of her audience that was like that, but for the most part her fans were into the whole package.
How true! It's everything about her that has captured our hearts..

I've always been a sucker for Alizée's cuteness along with her sweetness, sexiness and charm. Well it was definitely that along with her elegance and exuberance on stage and whole demeanour in general that made her so captivating and irresistible to me and many others I believe. She's a very likable person but the first thing that hits you is how beautiful and petite she is. She has the most beautiful eyes and smile that I've ever seen and apart from her physical aspects there's also something very special and very beautiful within her.. she shines and it's a wonderful part of her charm for sure.

Quote:
Honestly, I think "panties" is being a little unfair to the French public and Alizée's old fans. It implies that there was nothing to her success beyond sex appeal. I think that's absurd.
Yeah I can't say I like their stupid remarks about wanting to see Alizée's "panties" at all! Damn.. they have no idea what they're talking about! We didn't wanna see her "panties" we wanted to eat them!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Speaking of Mylène, this is to be released in Feb in the States.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKtL6ATnXh0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VKtL6ATnXh0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

‘‘Ben Harper was awesome. He and Mylene Farmer produced a killerversion of Never Tear Us Apart."

‘‘Mylene has a reputation for baring all so, yeah, we were keen to work with her. "

Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She gave up an awful lot when she left MF and LB, not only the great music and directing of Laurent and the lyrics and tutoring of MF but all the experience and connections these two had in the industry.

Finding someone who knows what they're doing is a tall order. People who can make a difference don't grow on trees and most are probably already tied up with other artists. Plus wouldn't her trying to find someone to help her move in the right direction be a slap in the face to Jeremy. I know there are others involved in managing her career, but I think he has a lot of influence in it.

They said on that tv show that the people want to see Alizée's panties. Would it had made a difference with UEDS if she had some sexy dances choreographed or sexy outfits put together for some of these songs? Surely a well put together video can do a lot for a song, but could something along those lines made UEDS a commercial success? I don't think so, but I could be very wrong. I think it's ultimately the song first that has to be very good and if it's very good, it will do well on it's own merit, but a good dance routine or video can add a great deal more to it's popularity.
I don't think anything would have made a big difference with Ueds.As has been said there is a narrow band of support for electronica. Same old song and dance that has been stated on AA many times. Professional production, quality music from popular genre, professional marketing, professional video with choreography.Not so difficult lol! Just a wish list for Alizee. It will be difficult to recreate the magic from the past. Not emplying that she return to same style or appearance, but something just as dramatic. Alizee may not be up for it. How many times has this subject been broached? Too many to count.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:35 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There are exceptions, but I think that, in general, what makes a music album (a movie, a TV show....) appealing to the masses is about 75% marketing and hype and 25% artistic/entertainment value. You could convince the masses to buy UEDS tomorrow if you wanted to. You could convince the masses Alizée’s has reinvented herself into a really relevant artist and that UEDS is a great achievement. You can sell Celine Dion and Madonna all you want or you can make them disappear in the background. You can make Lady Gaga one day and break her the next day. The entertainment industry can create any hype it wants to. The entertainment industry decides what it wants to sell to the people and not the other way around.

BTW, I am not saying that “popular” is necessarily “crap”.

Edit:

Quote:
As I've said many times, there was no sacrifice in leaving Mylène. There was no way that relationship could have continued. It was targeted towards a niche that Alizée could not fill as an adult. Striking out on her own was absolutely necessary. Of course, that involves risk of stumbling. UEDS was a commercial stumble. I believe she'll find her footing and the type of music that works for her and finds her audience. By staying with M&L, all she could have done was to decline. She may fail on her own. She would certainly have failed with them.
I beg to differ. I think that Alizée/MF/LB could have run this operation for at least 10 more years if they had wanted to. They could have kept the sexual titillation going and all that was really needed was an adjustment to the lyrics (less juvenile) and some other minor details to be worked out. Apparently, Alizée wanted to explore other avenues, but I wouldn’t reject the possibility that MF/LB could have offered Alizée some other type of image that she didn’t want to be a part of.

I just don’t believe they parted away because the association could not work on the same basis anymore. I think one of the two sides wanted a change and the other side refused to go along. Speculations, of course....

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-12-2011 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
I just don’t believe they parted away because the association could not work on the same basis anymore. I think one of the two sides wanted a change and the other side refused to go along. Speculations, of course....
You are actually stating fact, not speculating. (You didn't know you were so smart, did you?) Here is a direct quote from her sweet lips to our unworthy ears:

Quote:
In the end, though, I did get the impression that I was a product, and so I started suggesting things that were more personal and less sexy, and that's where our differences began. We separated, however, on good terms.
From this interview: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5291

Mylene and friends wanted to keep racheting up the sexy... although how you get anymore sexy than what they had already done is beyond me, and apparently, was beyond Alizée also!!!

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

severianb posted part of an interview where Alizee said she and MF parted on good terms, but I believe she said in another interview, when she released Psych, she sent the first cd to MF and LB and she never heard back from them.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
severianb posted part of an interview where Alizee said she and MF parted on good terms, but I believe she said in another interview, when she released Psych, she sent the first cd to MF and LB and she never heard back from them.
Yeah, she always says wonderful things about them, thanks them (she even thanked them in the liner notes on Psych).... but from comments like that, and the one about them "probably making a ton of money" licensing Moi...Lolita for others to sing... I have a feeling Mylene cut her off completely, and has never spoken to Alizee again. But that's nothing new for Mylene. I find it funny that people moan and whine about not getting enough updates or fan interaction from Alizee, when her main tutor, Mylene, gives absolutely nothing of herself except what you see in her performances.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Closed Thread