Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road
Default Vday

Hey guys I need some advice.

My best friend is well basically the definition of a best friend. We hang out all the time and I just wanted to get her something nice for VDAY.

Is it too serious to get her a silver bracelet (she has a boyfriend)that says...
"To The Best Friend Anyone Could Ask For, Name & Name Best Friends Forever."

Gotta hurry it's this weekend .

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Don't spark too much jealousy amongst her boyfriend.
With love comes emotion.
I'd question if she had a good boyfriend if he didn't feel a little bit of envy.

I say go for it.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Not to rain on your parade, sir, but speaking from (painful) experience...danger, Will Robinson, danger!

It's a very sweet sentiment, and while you may mean it strictly platonically, I would seriously caution you to steer away from gifting her with any tokens of affection on V-Day.

Couples give presents to each other on V-Day. It's kind of the whole point of the day, really. You are not a couple.

Giving it to her that particular day sends a mixed message at best. It also runs the risk of getting her into hot water with her boyfriend, or at the very least has the potential of putting her in the awkward position of having to explain it to him, and others. Yes, this is true even if he's totally cool with you two being BFFs. I'm sorry, but nobody is that cool.

Save your BFF gift for Arbor Day or something, instead. Trust me.

(I'd also stay away from flowers or jewellry altogether if it were me, but your mileage may vary.)
Old 02-10-2009, 02:10 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Not to rain on your parade, sir, but speaking from (painful) experience...danger, Will Robinson, danger!

It's a very sweet sentiment, and while you may mean it strictly platonically, I would seriously caution you to steer away from gifting her with any tokens of affection on V-Day.

Couples give presents to each other on V-Day. It's kind of the whole point of the day, really. You are not a couple.

Giving it to her that particular day sends a mixed message at best. It also runs the risk of getting her into hot water with her boyfriend, or at the very least has the potential of putting her in the awkward position of having to explain it to him, and others. Yes, this is true even if he's totally cool with you two being BFFs. I'm sorry, but nobody is that cool.

Save your BFF gift for Arbor Day or something, instead. Trust me.

(I'd also stay away from flowers or jewellry altogether if it were me, but your mileage may vary.)
Already decided I was gonna get her something to show her that were good friends and nothing could change that I mean she tells me that everyday time for me to show it back. Was gonna do something other than bake her cookies like websites say to do for best friends.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Already decided I was gonna get her something to show her that were good friends and nothing could change that I mean she tells me that everyday time for me to show it back. Was gonna do something other than bake her cookies like websites say to do for best friends.
It seems to me like there is something else inside you telling you to do this, good friends don't have to give each other anything in the form of material gifts. Being there for each other is good enough.

Trust me man, you can send the wrong impression in a way you wouldn't believe, and everything could just go downhill Not kidding
Old 02-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

If not jewelry.
Newspaper clipped coupons always work.
That or an album of an artist or band she likes.
I always enjoy getting an album...
Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Ehh went through the trouble of getting a picture frame and a nice quote to go with it. Too bad if it backfires then I only lost friends and will gain new ones.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Ehh went through the trouble of getting a picture frame and a nice quote to go with it. Too bad if it backfires then I only lost friends and will gain new ones.
The frame is a good call. Definitely an appropriate male-to-female-BFF gift, much more so than an engraved bracelet.

I still say that giving it to her on Valentine's Day is a mistake--and I don't quite get why you asked here if you weren't interested in hearing that it might not be a good idea--but it's your play to make. Best of luck to you.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
The frame is a good call. Definitely an appropriate male-to-female-BFF gift, much more so than an engraved bracelet.

I still say that giving it to her on Valentine's Day is a mistake--and I don't quite get why you asked here if you weren't interested in hearing that it might not be a good idea--but it's your play to make. Best of luck to you.
I regret making this thread now. I know now that nobody will tell me what I can do for my best friend. Really and truly I don't care what the boyfriend will think because too me it means that this best friend is a best friend only nothing more. If he wants to think more then so be it.

But in case yall wondering, I ordered the present with the permission.
Like I said he wouldn't care.

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Ben; 02-11-2009 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: merged
Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Weird Member

Nikita is on a distinguished road

If you want to give her a bracelet, go for it!
Vday isn't just for couples, and if you are so good friends, it shouldn't become akward.

I think it's a sweet idea.