Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road
Default last day of En Concert 2003: any photos?

hey gang, I was reading another forum and I saw this post:

http://www.alizee-fanpage.com/en/new...2/alizees-lens

Submitted by Z3R0 on Fri, 12/26/2003 - 20:53.
3 days ago, Alizée gave her last concert during her tour throughout France. It seemed to be very funny. She wore funny make-up and coloured lenses in her eyes which looked like stars. The members of her band were wearing funny wigs. That's why Alizée laughed a lot during this concert. At the end, she introduced a great part of all the people who worked on stage and behind the scenes. She also thanked her audience and cried because of the end of the tour. Now there will be one last concert in Paris, the 17th of January, which will be the conclusion of the whole tour.During the Concert in Reims, Alizée wore this coloured contact lens that gaved her a really... disturbing look!

I was wondering of anyone had any such videos or photos.. I don't think I ever seen any other variant of that concert except for what was on the DVD... I'd luv to see it because she was at her peak of rebellion/wacky stage then and its fun seeing her cut loose like that.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I didn't realize there was more than one day of En Concert
Old 10-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Century old child!

Concert in Le Havre 15.12.03
Submitted by Brent on Tue, 12/16/2003 - 22:32.
At the concert in Le Havre yesterday evening, some unexspected things happened. It all started with an 30 minutes coming late on stage. The reason for that was that Alizée had something like an influenza. That's why she was a bit weak. The pauses where she changed her outfits were much longer than in any other concert before (she only changed outfits 2 times) and she didn't even sing Tempête, J'ai pas vingt ans and Youpidou. When she said to the audience that she was ill and that she could not do the whole show she started crying. Her crew on stage came to console her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I didn't realize there was more than one day of En Concert
oh yeah, in I think three locations....

Last edited by wildfire; 10-07-2009 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Concert in Le Havre 15.12.03
Submitted by Brent on Tue, 12/16/2003 - 22:32.
At the concert in Le Havre yesterday evening, some unexspected things happened. It all started with an 30 minutes coming late on stage. The reason for that was that Alizée had something like an influenza. That's why she was a bit weak. The pauses where she changed her outfits were much longer than in any other concert before (she only changed outfits 2 times) and she didn't even sing Tempête, J'ai pas vingt ans and Youpidou. When she said to the audience that she was ill and that she could not do the whole show she started crying. Her crew on stage came to console her.

oh yeah, in I think three locations....
Really? well I still havent seen the DVD so I'm going to have to take your word for it
Old 10-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

The En Concert tour was actually 42 shows in several dozen French cities. Here are some pics from that one in Reims with the contact lenses, etc:
http://www.alizee-forum.com/gallery/...s.php?album=88
Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Century old child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
The En Concert tour was actually 42 shows in several dozen French cities. Here are some pics from that one in Reims with the contact lenses, etc:
Thank you Ben... I had seen those before I knew of this special presentation at the specific concert, and had thought it was just bad flash photography.

More and more I'm appreciating how Alizée's career parallels life: where each of her albums represent a chapter in life that there's no going back to... In the case of this concert specifically I interpret it as a teenager's farewell to her teenage years. Too bad none of this made the en concert DVD as extra material.... its just lost in time... too sad. I think part of her character, especially back then was that kind of fun; how she brings something as modest as a shy little girl from Corsica to the big stage to be shared.

Here's hoping that the 7 years between 2003 and her probable next concert in 2010 brings great technology to phone cameras and solid state vid cams, because I think we are going to rely more and more on user boot leg videos rather than the labels and studios giving the fans what they want!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
did not know that..... wow... I'd could understand the dvd being a compilation of one or two shows...... 42?

------

you'd almost think that her human makeup was coming off and the goddess was shining through
Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
did not know that..... wow... I'd could understand the dvd being a compilation of one or two shows...... 42?
The tour was 42 shows, but the DVD doesn't use all of them. It's mostly the 7 Olympia and 1 Zenith in Paris, with maybe a few others (hard to tell).
Old 10-07-2009, 04:10 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I thought someone said she had those contacts on for Halloween. Maybe it's just that it would make sense. There's always so much more to learn.

Merci Fanny
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 AM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I thought someone said she had those contacts on for Halloween. Maybe it's just that it would make sense. There's always so much more to learn.
Not 100% sure, but afaik Halloween isn't really celebrated anywhere in Europe