Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road
Default Associations

What is an association?

Wiki says:
"An idea, image, feeling, etc., suggested by or connected with something other than itself".

I got the idea for this thread when I saw newalizeefans post in the omfg. alizee thread. He was talking about his feelings towards certain songs and how they induced certain memories and feelings from the time when he first discovered Alizée. It got me thinking how funny our memory work and how wierdly it can play around with our feelings.

The reason I found this so interesting is because I've found some of my own associations to be quite humorous or just plain wierd.

Like when I feel the smell of dust I immediately think about radio cars and BMX bikes, probably because these two kept my lungs constantly filled with dust during my entire childhood.

I found that music is a very good tool for these kind of emotional references. For example is my associations with a certain album from the band Aqua. When I play this record I get immidiate flashbacks to a certain video-game I used to play during the same time I got the CD. This game, Ascendance be the name, is about conquering galaxies as an alien speices in a very dark and emotional-less universe, making the reference kind of wierd considering the childish and "unserious" ways of the music.
Click here to see what I mean

And another perhaps more relevant example is my associations with the odor of a certain shampoo. This is a shampoo that members of my family were using during the time I discovered Alizée (my sister takes ridiculously long showers). I recently discovered that by taking a sniff at a bottle of this stuff, I could instantly conjure the same feeling I had during this time. All the excitement and all the happiness that I were feeling then, I can now re-live whenever I wish.
This completly fascinates me.

In this thread I want YOU to post your associations. It doesn't neccesarly have to have anything to do with Alizée, just describe any kind of feeling or emotion you have associated with a certain situation, smell, music, other feeling, anything at all. Of course it's favourable if it's a wierd association, like a connection that is completely irrelevant or doesn't make any sense at all.

Hope you guys got anything to share or else I'll feel like a retard for sharing this

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!