Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
As to that, if I must give my opinion (and I guess I must) I'd say that all the serious effort was put into creating the album, and the promotion was more like tossed in afterward rather than being an integral part of the product. Even there, some parts of that effort were good, just not great and the timing of things was not great either. By timing, I mean, build buzz and then deliver when it's at it's peak and deliver with something impressive. I get the idea that Alizée just wasn't as interested in that part of the adventure. She doesn't have time for it. And that's along side simply not great response and 2008/9 being bad years what with all the global depression and so forth. Then, to speak of the album. I think people were expecting more of a dance album from Alizée. Something high energy and "poppy". There was a little on there, but not like we figured she might do. And of course, Alizée 2007 was competing with Alizée 2000-2003 and that's a hard act to follow.
i dunno. i felt that Psych was definitely more "poppy" than the MCE. i mean, JEAM could be considered poppy and dance-like, but that's just because Alizee made it so. but other than that, i feel that the only poppy songs from her previous albums are probably Moi...Lolita, J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, Gourmandises, C'est Trop Tard, and A Contre-Courant.

whereas in pysch, most were would id call poppy. MJ, Fifty Sixty, Jamais Plus, Decollage, Lilly Town, Mon Taxi Driver, Lonely town..

but no doubt in the lack in the dance department.

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont