Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2012, 08:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I think we could incorporate some type of system, the question is which. I think it might be a good idea to have something where you could give a thumbs up to a thread. I think the benefit of that would be in the way we store threads. When you looked let's say in the discussion forum, the first threads you should see should be and I'm just throwing out a figure here is threads that were posted on in the past cou;le of weeks. After that, maybe it would be good to post the threads that had the most thumbs up, making it easier to find popular threads.

As far as thumbs down or dislikes, you could vote thumbs down on a thread, but it would only keep tally of the votes made in the past couple of weeks. Because there are often threads that are good, that may go off topic into an area that is very controversial, seeing a lot of thumbsdown on a thread could give a heads up to a mod, that something is amiss. It could warn them to tell members to get back on subject, in which case a good thread will stay active and will eventually lose the no votes it didn't deserve.

Those no votes could also offer an early warning of threads that may need to be shut down.

Maybe what I propose is too complicated to be implemented, but I figured I'd suggest it.

I think I understand what Helix is talking about when he says about what the royalty likes and dislikes. Me and him have gotten into some major arguements in here. Arguements in which case I think we were both equally wrong not so much for what we were saying, but the way we said it and I think because of what I've done in here, he got looked upon as the evil doer, when as I said we were both equally wrong.

But I think we have a pretty good group of mods here with me being the weakest link. I'm trying hard but I keep making mistake after mistake. Just the other day, in the criticism thread, I questioned whether people wanted this to be a forum for discussion or a place where people come to kiss Alizee's behind and I shouldn't have worded it that way. Bigdan had a very good response to it. He could have gone off on me, but unlike me, he used tact.

As far as Helix, after we did battle, there were times I went off on him at the littlest thing. Totaly unfair. He's been a loyal member for I believe as long as I have. I'd like to see him post more often here. We will get into arguements again.................................let me rephrase that................we will get into discussions again in which we have far differing views, but I will try to do my best to keep it as a discussion.

Tags
forum, suggestion box