Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2012, 01:23 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road
Default Does Alizee Need France to Be Successful? I Say No!

I have said all along that Alizee would have been very successful in the U.S. during the Mylene Farmer years...had Americans even known she existed. And even though Alizee had dozens of French TV appearances during her heyday from 2001 to 2003, it seems Alizee never really captured the French market. Even today, it seems the French do not know her or dismiss her.

But look at Youtube, and you'll see Alizee has thousands of videos posted by fans with tens of millions of views - more than any big-name French artist I can think of. Then you read the glowing comments - mostly in English or Spanish as well as Russian, Polish, Chinese, Japanese, and even Arabic. Noticeably absent are French fans. And the few French comments I read are derogatory and dismissive. It's the same pattern on Alizee's Facebook. This pattern is the exact opposite of any French artist I've seen on Youtube where most of the comments are in French including Mylene Farmer.

My point is that Alizee seems to have that "it" factor which makes her extremely appealing to people outside of France. It would be a mistake for Sony to ignore her following in the U.S. and Mexico as well as South America, Asia, and Europe. Most artists would kill to capture a piece of the American market which is 5 times the size of the French market (330+ million to 60+ million). It would be alot easier to sell a million CDs to 300 million people than 50 million much less the fact that the 300 million will probably be more receptive to her than those 50 million in her home country. So my marketing strategy for Sony.... in 2 words: F@#! France