Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 AM

skungpoomery is on a distinguished road

As a long-term Alizée fan (worshipper) but only recent member and occasional poster, I say thank you and well done to Panther for a considered, articulate and compassionate analysis which I feel sure gets close to the truth.

They say women love to be loved, can tolerate being hated but cannot stand to be ignored and I think there’s a lot of truth, and relevance, in that too.

Unconditionality is something we’re all supposed to have if our appreciation is to be considered genuine but how many of us as mere, frail humans can really live up to that? We fall for an image and what we imagine we know of someone but when inevitably it all seems to change we struggle and question our own loyalty and commitment. We look up to someone yet feel protective towards them at the same time and find it hard to reconcile those two things.

In the end, perhaps the point is we care enough to care – we are not indifferent – so there is still positive energy where otherwise there would just be a void. I say keep the faith, just love her with an open heart as another soul, and whatever will be will be.