Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2012, 06:53 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivealizee View Post
Because it's hard to believe that a 14-16 year old girl who participates in music shows and sends demotapes to MF doesn't want to be succesfull.

Of course but that was then, when she'd had very little experience of the business and the toll it can take on your personal life. Is it not just possible that once she became 'successful' (2000 - 2004) she found the price of that level of success just too much to bear?

And also her new albums and changes of styles say "I want to be famous (again)".

Yes, but maybe for different reasons and in a different way. I think the new album will be very revealing.

Sure, she is artist, but she wants to make money with her work too, and not just a little bit.
Believing something else is just blinded.
Ultimately this whole discussion / debate rests on definitions of 'success' 'superstar' 'megastar' etc and unless we all agree on the criteria then there can be no real agreement. The point I was trying to make earlier was that I don't think Alizee wants the same level of success that she had back in 2000 - 2004 because I don't think she wants to make the domestic sacrifices that it would entail.