Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2013, 10:57 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Do you ever try and relive that first time?

Every once in a while, usually late at night, I get the urge to relive that first night when I found out about Alizée. So I'll start off doing what I was doing that first night and that was searching some of Madonna's videos to download. It's then I came across the image that little did I know at that point would change my life and of course that image was for Alizee's version of La Isla Bonita. So I'll do a search for that song again and see that image again and click on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I watched the video and thought she was beautiful and I loved her voice, but at the same time I thought did she have any music of her own. So I searched for Alizee and as I've said many times in the past, I saw the Moi Lolita video in Amsterdam. I had honeymooned there and liked it there so I clicked on that. That is when my jaw hit the floor. Such beauty of voice, of person, of dance. I loved the way she waved to the crowd. I had no idea at the time that she was as young as she was and when I found out she was only 16, I was amazed at how much poise she had. Another couple of things that amazed we was the dance for it's uniqueness and the beautiful music of Laurant Boutanant which was so perfectly matched for her voice.

I don't know how many times I watched that video that night, but at some point I searched for more of her music and my next hit was J'en ai marre Chanson #1. Again I loved the uniqueness of the dance. At the begining, I really enjoyed her smile and she does a little tip of her head at about the 8 second mark and for some reason, I loved that and what a beautiful video; amazing beauty; amazing sexiness.

After that it was A Contre Courant at Star Academy. She looked so beautiful when she smiled and shifted her eyes back and forth around the 4 second mark and one thing I loved about this video and several others to follow was the way she danced in place when she was just standing at the microphone and there was that great little interaction between her and Nikos at the end. Too bad she didn't marry him. Was he married at the time? I'm guessing he probably was.

After that, it was L' Alize - Top of the Pops. More of LB's great music; more of the way I loved her dancing in place and somethng so intriguing about her looks.

After that, the memory fades of the exact order.

I know there was Gourmandises, but I think it was a remix of that, which I saw first that someone posted and it disappeared at one point, though I still have it.
After that, I'm not sure of the order, but there was
J'ai pas vingt ans at Hotel de ville
Ella Ella

So those are the videos I play when I want to relive that night.

It's kind of funny but I don't remember that much of En Concert videos being available then, but when I did find it, the whole concert was available to watch and that was another jaw dropping moment and that's kind of my biggest regret about Alizee. If I had known about her back in 2003, I could have easily flown over to try and see one of her concerts.