Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I suspect that Alizee has a natural ability to enter a state of total concentration when performing-- and this state of concentration by its very nature blocks fear. Its a neurological gift--- she never had to "learn" how to do it.
That is a valid explanation. Would you speculate that this would apply when doing an interview? Is it possible to catch Alizee off guard, where she might show her timidness and shyness, something she said that she had to overcome. I wonder if she still struggles with it sometimes.

Sometimes my memory can bring up the strangest things from a long time ago. I loved the movie Airplane!, and that was released in 1980. It was a slapstick comedy and became a classic. I was also a David Letterman fan, and remembered seeing Julie Hagerty on his show one night, who was one of the main characters, playing a stewardess. On his show, however, she was like a deer in the headlights. I was amazed that somebody who is an accomplished actress can almost freeze with fear, even though on the Letterman show her exposure was still limited.

Amazingly, I found that segment, filmed in 1982, on YouTube. The link below takes you about a minute into the segment. You don't have to watch the whole thing, but you will get the gist of it before long.

https://youtu.be/4nNbCmNmyL0?t=98

She appeared on his show ten years later, and he references the 1982 show. She looks to be doing a little better with stage fright, but admits her shyness. This link takes you to that point.

https://youtu.be/CrROFuC1kQ4?t=43

Maybe there is a psychological difference between filming a movie and sitting on a stage with hundreds of people staring at you? Maybe getting into that total concentration helps her nullify that fear?

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 11-28-2018 at 01:36 PM..