Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2019, 08:04 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

The web sites like Celebrity Net Worth are complete garbage. Other similar sites seem to pull from the same database. There is a long list of celebs and athletes who got themselves into a financial mess with massive debt and owing back taxes. Some had to sell all their assets to satisfy their creditors (e.g. Nicholas Cage) or declare bankruptcy, but if you look up their net worth on these web sites, they still report what is probably their peak net worth when they were the most popular.

Still, there is no way that Alizee was worth 50 million at any time in her career, unless you are talking about pesos. Musical artists make the most money touring, but Alizee did not tour very long. Furthermore, Mylene took probably half of the profit, if not more. The only song that Alizee could have received ongoing royalties from was Moi Lolita, and Mylene has her hand in that pot as well.

Alizee and Jeremy probably had enough cash to make them comfortable with the idea of making it on their own, but that was a bust. Him having to take a job with his parents should be a good indication that they were burning cash faster than it was coming in. Alizee doesn't strike me as a frugal person but more of a "free spirit" when it comes to personal finances. Probably half the human population falls into this category, and that is why they need to pair off with the other half, and not their own half.

Rev gave his thoughts about her net worth some time ago when this topic came up, and I pretty much agree with his assessment. Unless Alizee made some crazy good investments, like buying 100K shares of Apple back in 2003 when it looked like they were doomed, I cannot see how 50 million can be a realistic number.