Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2020, 07:27 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I don't think Alizee would read the forum in the first place, under any conditions.

From Stars Au Grand Air in 2014:

Someone who is averse to watching herself on TV would be averse to looking at a forum that is all about herself.
Strong point. Reading what fans write about her is like looking in a mirror. This forum has threads analyzing just about every body part she has (nose, feet, forehead, hands, etc.), the way she dresses, her singing voice and dancing ability, her many hair styles, the mistakes that she has made in the past, and so on.

Granted, the vast majority of posts about her are favorable, but even her most ardent fans have been critical at times, myself included. I believe Alizee has insecurity issues to some extent. Case in point is how in an interview, she mentioned she was teased as a child because of her glasses. We all know kids can be mean to each other and go out of their way to find something to tease somebody else for. Being teased for glasses seems so trivial, but apparently it's not to Alizee because she is reflecting on it a decade later during a public interview.

If anything, Alizee had come to this site and navigated around. Maybe she entered the forums and read the thread topics. But actually going into the threads and reading posts, I think she would probably stop there and not do it.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRafe View Post
A measure of her true regard for herself can be seen in the shots that she posted, online, when she was pregnant with Maggy. These shots were utterly “candid”, they hid literally absolutely nothing, about her physically, and, as a person. She was absolutely open about it, utterly vulnerable, and I will admit to being totally astounded by them, when they were first posted…

They were just… “unprecedented”, for someone who was usually so “measured”, in the limits of her “social exposure”…
Right? I think everybody here believed she would disappear for a year or more. I was amazed at what she shared with her fans. My favorite picture during that time was when she was in her third trimester and she is wading in a pool.

Heck, here it is...

It's more like a piece of art.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 05-13-2020 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline