Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2020, 07:24 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Well as I said, I'm not opposed to it, the cynical side of me is just being a bit doubtful of how to go about it.
The logistics behind the interview project was the most difficult. Getting a set of questions together was easy in comparison. We had some serious career questions, but we also threw in a bunch of light-hearted questions that she might not have ever been asked before, like what is her favorite book or movie. There were some picture questions as well, asking Alizee to explain what is going on in the picture. It would be one question per sheet of paper, both in English and French, and when applicable, a picture.

As Scruffy mentioned, the method of delivering the questions to Alizee would be by mail. Admittedly, we didn't have much hope that Alizee would answer them and return a video of her back to us somehow. We were putting too much of a burden on her. We felt like we somehow had to do more to make it compelling to her and that she didn't have to do anything but answer some questions.

We felt that maybe if we made the interview a family affair, it would increase our chances of her wanting to do the interview. We put in questions for Greg along with questions for both of them about the dance studio and future plans. Greg seems pretty aggressive in promoting their business, so the potential is that he might have looked at the interview as an opportunity.

We liked the idea of somehow getting Jo involved to take a video of them answering the questions. He actually became the focus for a while. If we could somehow get him on board and coordinate the interview with him, all Alizee and Greg would have to do is agree to do it, and the setup would be in Jo's hands. Scruffy has a contact in Germany (I believe it was Germany) who was friends with Jo. Perhaps we could leverage him to get introduced to Jo. When Scruffy contacted him, he was having some long term medical issues, so we didn't press it any further.

Then I remembered seeing this, and had a light bulb moment:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/189i...ew?usp=sharing

This live chat format had an awesome potential. The laptop camera was close to them. Greg can read Alizee her questions. Alizee can read Greg his questions. If there is a picture involved, they turn the page towards the camera.

Then the pregnancy came along and pretty much the idea was scrapped, at least temporarily.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So at a point last year, we had gathered and reviewed the questions, but there was still some work to do because we wanted to send pictures along with it to better explain some of the questions, but then the pregnancy came along and we felt it was best to hold off until after the baby arrived.
Then the Covid-19 came along and was a game changer. Of course with this Corona virus, we could not mail a packet of questions to them. I'm sure during this time, they'd never open up a packet from fans, so it would have to be done electronically which I think would give us lower odds of this happening.
Now that Nathalie knows who we are and is good friends with Alizee and Greg, maybe she could give us some good advice as to the best way to approach Alizee on this. Maybe the next time Alizee visits the store, Nathalie would bring the subject up while they are chatting and get some feedback as to whether Alizee would even do this or not. The locals helped us with the baby gift, so maybe they could help us with this project.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-01-2020 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts