Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2020, 10:18 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
How's the album doing as far as sales? I've tried to find it on several Billboard-like web sites for France, and cannot find the album or any singles listed. Maybe I am not looking in the right places.
I woudn't know where to look either. I've read, that it sold about 1.800 copies in it's first week, Alizée's Blonde did about twice as much in comparison, I believe. That may refer to physical sales only, however. It dropped out of the iTunes Charts in France fairly quickly too, it ranked there for about the first week after release before it fell out.

It reached the Top 40 of the physical Charts in it's first week, it ranked #10 (Download and Streaming included) after the first three days, stayed in the Top 200 in it's second week and has since dropped out completely.

I've recently read that the Album was already finished late last year, but Boutonnat (ever the perfectionist) continued to refine it even throughout the confinement period.

Also, the other Song that was written for Julia before the recording process for the Album began, was "Passe... Comme Tu Sais". Every other Song was created after. Every Song that was created ended up on this Album. Julia DID in fact write her own Songs too, she may save that for later though.

She was 15 and a half when SEXTO was presented to her. Makes me wonder how far back this all started? She was 17 when the Song came out.

She does make plans for a second Album and would like it to be with Mylène and Laurent, there hasn't been any specific talk about this yet, however. She also plans to MAYBE include one of her self-written Songs on it.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 07-30-2020 at 10:22 AM..