Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2007, 11:04 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Nice Drawings Umesh, I quit drawing about three years ago but since you said we could post our own, here is an old one I did back in 2001. I was home from University and bored while watching TV, so I sourced it out of one of my sister's Cosmo magazines. At the time I had only taken one drawing class, since then I have only taken 2 more so I did get better at life drawing and learning to draw more expressively, but 3-4 years of not drawing anything has no doubt taken its toll. This was the only one I had ever bothered creating a digital file of, the image should be to scale with the original drawing, but I reduced the dpi to 72 to keep the file small. It was done in a 9 x 12 inch sketch book in graphite using a 2H pencil (all I had laying around) but then I darkened areas later using an HB.

PS: Here is the full size 1.7MB image to scale saved as a PDF (because it at the time was sent to someone incapable of rescaling a TIFF properly for printing on smaller paper). Just remember though that at 100% it is to scale of the original which is about 6 x 11 inches (although on my monitor zoomed to 85% is where the Acrobat rulers are actually to scale with a real one), regardless though zooming in shows the lack of detail, but pencils only get so sharp. http://www.sendspace.com/file/wk14qp