Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
Very well possible. Not really important, but I thought the big hype started with the JEAM appearance?
And it became quickly clear for them she wasn't Spanish after all.
I know the Mexicans quickly realized that Alizée was not Spanish. I mentioned this only because the familiarity of her appearance may have been a comfort factor.

Quote:
Also true. But speaking for myself; I don't give a sh#t about the language the music is sung in. If I like the sound, it's just fine by me. I can always find out in some way what the lyrics are about if I want to know...
I like Italian and Hungarian a lot for instance but I don't understand a lick of it
I also don’t care about the language music is sung in for the same reasons you mentioned. I have no idea how many people in the USA feel the same way, but some Americans spend millions every year attending the opera and buying opera music, none of which is sung in English. It’s a niche market, but niche markets in the USA can still produce a lot of revenue. Someday maybe it will be true even for a beautiful Corsican girl we all know and love.

Quote:
I really hope so for you American fans. It must be somekind of frustrating, and I understand that. Keep fingers crossed, you never know what happens.
Yes, it is a little frustrating. But I don’t want Alizée to do anything she doesn’t want to do just for our sake. She said the American market makes her very scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishAlizee View Post
Maybe in the states only success explosive female singers. Obviously blondes, blondes, blondes, and more blondes with obvious attributes. Not with the delicate beauty of Alizée. Maddona, Aguilera, etc.... for me, are light years away from Alizée beauty and awesome voice.
As we say in Spain "belleza femenina"
I think the USA has been somewhat dominated by English, German and Scandinavian cultural leanings for a long time. That is beginning to change now as other groups grow in numbers.