Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
My friend suggested I try to get National Pulic Radio to do a program on her. Ah, but it's already midnight here, never enough time. I or someone really should do that though. They do segments on all kinds of obscure musicians from around the world. Alizée shouldn't be a problem if it is presented right. Of course, getting a hold of her and a translator might be an issue. I think most or maybe all the people on there speak English. Then again, I think that is a national radio program and they do stories about stuff all over the world, as does a similar program Public Radio International (maybe that's even the one I'm thinking of).
Public radio is very big in Minnesota and one of our public stations has played French music a few times in the past. I have requested Alizée and even sent them Psychédélices so they can't say they don't have it, but I haven't been successful up to this point. Maybe if some of you guys would e-mail in a request to hear Alizée - Fifty Sixty, it would help. Saturday nights are all requests. You can request a song on line here:
http://www.publicradio.org/applicati...e=e7d78b6c2e2d

If anyone would be willing to play French music, it would be this station. They make their own playlist locally and they are member supported, not commercial. They also stream online.

Here is a link to their current playlist:
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/rad.../songs_played/

Maybe if some interest was shown, it would encourage them to do a story on her. If nothing else, I would at least like to see her sell a respectable number of CDs in the USA. I think she could if more people knew about her.

P.S. Nice to see you around again, Topaz !