Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What date do you prefer for the Virtual Concert?
Saturday, August 18th 22 55.00%
Tuesday, August 21st 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
BTW, is there any indication of what time the festivities will start?
Hmm.

On a normal open day, 8PM would be the real start time, as that's when they stop letting in normal diners.

For this event, I'm guessing it might be a little earlier, like 7PM, but I don't honestly know. CF - has Bertrand given any suggestion of what he would prefer?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Hmm.

On a normal open day, 8PM would be the real start time, as that's when they stop letting in normal diners.

For this event, I'm guessing it might be a little earlier, like 7PM, but I don't honestly know. CF - has Bertrand given any suggestion of what he would prefer?
The start time is still being pinned down. Since we are going to be projecting the Concert and other videos (and the windows in the restaurant can be completely drawn), the time when it starts to get a little dark is the main limiting factor for when we can start serious video watching (not that we might toss up some various videos earlier). According to me astronomy software, sundown on Aug. 21st is around 8 PM, and I figure it will take 30 min. to an hour before we weould even want to start En Concert. Still, we will al want time to order and eat dinner before we start the Concert (Bertrand we even be creating some special items for the menu just for Alizée's birthday; more on that as the menu is finalized ; it's gonna be awsome!). Not to mention we will want to spend soe time meeting each other, talking about Alizée, checking out (and coveting) Cooney's expansive Alizée collection, and just celebrating. With all that things might get started fairly early in the evening. Granted that this is just a guess pending a number of factors but I guess we might get statred around 5:30/6:00, when the restaurant usually opens.... we'll see

I'm still trying to work maybe going to La Crème tonight (freaking truck and it's engine problems , But I will definitely be seeing him by next Sat... Bastille Day!).
Old 07-08-2007, 09:35 PM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Are you talking Lakewood, just south of Tacoma, by any chance? It's actually between Tacoma and Steillacoom, where the event takes place, that's how close it is!

I think you're right on this one, 'Cooney.' It must have been Lakewood since I remember Pierce County and a proximity to McChord AFB where my dad was stationed at the time. That was about the time the Narrows Bridge went down but that was some time ago. And darn, Steillacoom isn't that far away at all, either. Just down the road a ways to the west it seems.
It's amazing how much a five or six year old kid remembers of the area he grew up in; forests, Puget Sound & Mount Rainier. I'd be kind of apprehensive in seeing how much it has changed since then. Almost fearful. One of these days I plan on making it back there just to find out, hopefully all for the better.

Best regards.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Lolita Boy

Gardemoncoeur is on a distinguished road

I couldn't seem to find it on google >_< Is it possible to post the address here? That would be much helpful =]All i found was like recipies for a creme brule.

Joey
Old 07-09-2007, 12:05 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardemoncoeur View Post
I couldn't seem to find it on google >_< Is it possible to post the address here? That would be much helpful =]All i found was like recipies for a creme brule.

Joey
Here's how I found it...
From the end of 512, go north on South Tacoma Way untill you hit Stielacoom Blvd. Then take that all the way to the waterfront, and then go down one street to the waterfront (just one!), and turn left. Drive down the "mainstreet" till you get to the Bank of America and its just on the other side of the street... you'll notice all the red white and blue hanging off the front of the building. There's just a little sign that says La Creme on it, but the christmas lights and drapes are a dead giveaway.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Address:

1606 Lafayette St.
Steilacoom, WA 98388

Google map
Old 07-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Lolita Boy

Gardemoncoeur is on a distinguished road

je vous remerci(not sure if i said that right) =] hehe someone want to take me there and back? >_< I'm scared im going to get lost. hahaha
Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 AM
On the Probulator

c-dawg777 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
je vous remerci(not sure if i said that right) =] hehe someone want to take me there and back? >_< I'm scared im going to get lost. hahaha
You're a guy right? And you're worried about getting lost?!? I didn't think we were allowed to say things like that being guys and all. But, seriously, you get into Steilacoom and you cant miss it, across the street from bank of america and next to the post office. If I'm correct, I believe its the only real resturant there! Everything else is a damn cafe.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Lucky Bastards . I wish I was of an age where my Parents would allow me to go to Washington for the day. be sure to take lots of pics for the less fortunate/non-American members.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.

Last edited by Killian; 07-10-2007 at 09:05 AM..
Old 07-10-2007, 02:49 AM
Fidèle Toujours

Quote:
Pretty close :-P "Je vous remercie" is how it would be written. Pronounced though, it'd be the same, so you're welcome anyway :-D

If you really would like a ride, I'm sure one of us can manage it if you're nearby / on the way. Critical to that though would be the understanding that that means you'd most likely be there from very beginning until very end, which could be quite late. I gather from your previous posts that you're under 18 as well, which means your parents would have to be ok with that too. If you need a ride, it might be best to look to them should your scheduling requirements be something other than "beginning to end."

To be honest though, it's not too hard to find. It looks and sounds way more difficult than it actually is. The road bends, changes names, and winds through a lot of stuff, but it's really just following one road most of the way, with very small offsets in obvious places interspersed in varying quantities, depending where and what direction you approach from. I take a somewhat complicated route myself, because I A) take surface streets the whole way, rather than the freeway, and B) I used to work down there, so know these particular turns well.