Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Scruffy all your doing is insulting her and us over and over without going into depth on any of it. You've made one specific comment so far, but it was just one long insult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
But she should pick out dresses that look like they weren't designed in the same neighborhood where they filmed Deliverance. That dress with the heart on it looked like a 4 year old girl who overdosed on ridlin designed it.
You can see what I'm talking about. You aren't here for any positive reason and we really can't take you seriously when everything is phrased like that.

And I don't think we are wearing colored classes by understanding that Alizée isn't going for mainstream popularity after she made it clear she was going for a unique and multi blended sound with her music.

This album wasn't meant to try and break the bank or attract the most attention, or be mainstream pop...it was a special project to explore her and Jeremy's musical tastes. We knew that from the start...yet people still feel the need to try and bring her and her supporters down.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:41 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

You obviously didn't read through this whole thread. I've gone into depth on all my comments. I am here for a very positive reason. I think Alizée's career is going nowhere right now and I hope that she may be paying attention to this website in the hopes of learning from her fans what she needs to do to get to the same level she was at before, but let me emphasize for the people who haven't taken the time to read through this thread, that is strictly if that's what she wants to do!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, just because you prefer the old Alizée over the new Alizée does not automatically mean that the rest of us accept as fact that the old Alizée was superior to the new one. That is your opinion and is probably more a function of your own personal taste in fashion and music, not some universally accepted system of measurement. I know of no analytical method to establish a grading system for fashion or music. One can only subjectively gage the impact these things have on one’s own emotions and intellect. Nor should one assume that their feelings are indicative of how the rest of humanity feels.

I understand and accept what you are saying, relative to how you feel. I am sure there are many who have similar feelings about Alizée as she is today. You may well be in the majority in your opinion in some circles, but many of us are enjoying what Alizée is doing right now, and if she had stuck to the old formula, we would have been denied this opportunity. You, at least, will always have her old videos and music to turn to.

I, for one, liked Alizée 1.0 and Alizée 2.0. I also like Alizée 3.0 so far. I am very happy with her and her music now. If I had to say, the MCE era does hold a special place in my heart. But to be fair to the current era, I would have to give it a few years to settle into my bones and become part of my history before I made further comparisons. Nostalgia can be a powerful feeling, and something new will not have the benefit of its power.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It sounds like you are on the verge of total copitulation. I will accept nothing less than complete surrender. If you are willing to admit defeat, we will not lop off your head!
You know what? It's not a matter of to surrender or not, it's a matter of not understanding what you are trying to say.
Although English is not my native tongue, I can say that I understand 99,99% perfectly well. It's the 0,01% that you speak that I don't get.

Whatever, I'm gonna catch some sleep. It's Queensday here tomorrow (today actually), and I promissed to apeshit myself big time.

A day to remember as well. 7 years exactly when I first got to see Lili up and (very) close on stage.
And I was impressed!!!

Last edited by Just a Guest; 04-29-2008 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: typo, what else?
Old 04-29-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
You know what? It's not a matter of to surrender or not, it's a matter of not understanding what you are trying to say.
Although English is not my native tongue, I can say that I understand 99,99% perfectly well. It's the 0,01% that you speak that I don't get.

Whatever, I'm gonna catch some sleep. It's Queensday here tomorrow (today actually), and I promissed to apeshit myself big time.

A day to remeber as well. 7 years exactly when I first got to see Lili up and (very) close on stage.
And I was impressed!!!
I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else in this forum. I just feel very strongly in my beliefs about Alizee. I hear so many people in hear who say that anyone who likes the old Alizee must be a pervert, but then in so many postings in this forum, I see people who include as a part of their identity the video where she is kissing another girl. Does she look like she is enjoying this moment at all? or is this just more bad advice from her new "advisors". Is she just trying to be like Madonna? Like I said before, I want her to do whatever makes her happiest. Retire, stay the course, but if she wants to rise to the top again, she needs some new direction.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post

I, for one, liked Alizée 1.0 and Alizée 2.0. I also like Alizée 3.0 so far. I am very happy with her and her music now. If I had to say, the MCE era does hold a special place in my heart. But to be fair to the current era, I would have to give it a few years to settle into my bones and become part of my history before I made further comparisons. Nostalgia can be a powerful feeling, and something new will not have the benefit of its power.
Can't you see the problem there? From her early days we knew from the first few words that we loved the songs she was singing. But now you're saying after a few years, you may decide that some of her new songs are special. We knew from day one her early songs were special. There was no waiting. What else can I say?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-29-2008 at 10:05 PM..
Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

shes traumatized at how she was sold as a tart previously which in fact did her credibility as an artist not by her design but by her prodcers.

she wishes to present herself as a serious musician. what she was doing wouldnt be a problem in the us but apparently the french stopped taking her seriously due to the candy method of presentment

I loved the choreographed dances and songs.

Madonna does it and Alizee loves her so im not sure why she has a problem with it but alas it is what it is... Maybe just maybe she will return some day to her cute presentment and dance instead of just tapping.

she was trained in dance so why she abandoned this I dont know.

sigh
Old 04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But now you're saying after a few years, you may decide that some of her new songs are special. We knew from day one her early songs were special. There was no waiting. What else can I say?
I don't feel the same as you. There were songs on MCE that I thought were special imediately, but others had to grow on me over time. I also feel there are songs on Psychédélices that imediately struck me as special. It remains to be seen for me how much the others will grow on me over time. There are no songs on any of her albums that I dislike. Again, I only speak for me.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 AM

[QUOTE=mal;100184]shes traumatized at how she was sold as a tart previously which in fact did her credibility as an artist not by her design but by her prodcers.

Traumatized? So now she's shoving her tongue down some other girls throat! I don't think so. She's trying to become popular again by listening to some very stupid associates of her.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:28 AM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Traumatized? So now she's shoving her tongue down some other girls throat! I don't think so. She's trying to become popular again by listening to some very stupid associates of her.
The clip you are referring to here actually got cut from the final video. It was in a "Director's cut". I saw a behind the scenes video were Alizée was rejecting the costumes (on set) for being too revealing. So she's probably the one that made the call on the cut also.

Also, if you'll notice the girl she's kissing is wearing a hood, so I doubt very much if there was any tongue.

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!