Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-19-2008, 01:32 AM

mibir is on a distinguished road

I stand by what I said. It's wonderful in the slower songs, it loses its quality on the more poppy songs.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:41 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Wow, all I ever see anymore is Alizee bashing. Obviously you don't like her anymore so fuck off. Geez, what is wrong with you people? When I think of a housewife...I definitely do not get an image anywhere close to Alizee. She looks and dresses her age. Shes not trying to be 17 again, because shes not! This is the image she wants to project now. No one wants to be seen as a sex symbol forever. She wants to be taken seriously and make the kind of music she likes. And about her voice...I can guarantee you every singer has sounded like crap at least a few times. Its hard to sound really good when you're dancing, moving around a lot, your heart is racing, you can't get a lot of breath, etc. This video of Mylene singing live...http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4e...-control_music
isn't her best performance, right? But think of all the amazing performances she has had. You can't expect them to sound/perform perfectly all of the time. Give her a break.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:00 AM

clique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
And about her voice...I can guarantee you every singer has sounded like crap at least a few times. Its hard to sound really good when you're dancing, moving around a lot, your heart is racing, you can't get a lot of breath, etc.
But the thing is, she was barely moving around at all. And even if she was, shouldn't she be fit enough to be able to sing and dance at the same time? If she can't do that, she shouldn't be moving around a lot (which she didn't...).

I'm not saying she's not allowed to screw up once in a while; every artist does it. But as an artist, you really owe it to the paying audience to be on top of your game. Singing half of the songs poorly really doesn't cut it, at least not if you want to be taken somewhat seriously by the mainstream audience.

Now it might seem like I'm totally blasting the show. I'm really not though, since from the clips I've seen there were a couple of good songs like JEAM, 99 Red Balloons and PLP. The other songs didn't sound very good though and, dare I say it, Fifty Sixty sounded like crap.

Last edited by clique; 05-19-2008 at 04:03 AM..
Old 05-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow, all I ever see anymore is Alizee bashing. Obviously you don't like her anymore so fuck off. Geez, what is wrong with you people? When I think of a housewife...I definitely do not get an image anywhere close to Alizee. She looks and dresses her age. Shes not trying to be 17 again, because shes not! This is the image she wants to project now. No one wants to be seen as a sex symbol forever. She wants to be taken seriously and make the kind of music she likes. And about her voice...I can guarantee you every singer has sounded like crap at least a few times. Its hard to sound really good when you're dancing, moving around a lot, your heart is racing, you can't get a lot of breath, etc. This video of Mylene singing live...http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4e...-control_music
isn't her best performance, right? But think of all the amazing performances she has had. You can't expect them to sound/perform perfectly all of the time. Give her a break.
My thoughts exactly Euphoria.

And the people saying the songs weren't good in the last concert you really should save your judgments until a high quality video is released, or even a medium quality video where the sound is much clearer...or else wait till a person who was at the concert can comment on her voice and the music quality.

Lastly I wouldn't expect her to hit a home run every performance, and especially these early ones where we know she is nervous as all get out. If she doesn't improve by the end of her tour then all the haters on here can have a somewhat legitimate excuse to let out their anger and fill this place with negativity that they are so eager to release.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:36 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I bash Alizée because I think there are so many people in this forum who say everything she sings, everything she wears, every change to her appearance is wonderful and it's not. She looks like plain Jane now. If she's doing a world tour she "does" want to do well and to do well she needs to stop listening to all the yes men who surround her. I keep voicing my opinion because I don't want to sit idly by and watch her career go down the tubes. Why is it up until 2004,that no matter what she wore, no matter how she wore her hair, with few exceptions,she looked great, from the pink and white outfit she wore when she sang Youpidoo, to the black outfit she wore singing Ella Ella, to the outfit she wore when she met Jessica in the shoe store and the outfits she wore during her interviews? She's only 24 now, she looks 34! You can't tell me she's changed that much physically in four years. I'll keep voicing my opinion until hopefully maybe somebody who surrounds her and has some influence on her, hears it and will realize that there's trouble in paradise!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:50 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow, all I ever see anymore is Alizee bashing. Obviously you don't like her anymore so fuck off. Geez, what is wrong with you people?
Excuse me ? Who the h*ll are you to tell anyone to fsck off ? What is wrong with YOU, guy ? How about YOU go fsck off and keep YOUR flowery, infatuated, star-struck opinions to yourself, hmmm ?

Doesn't feel so good to be treated that way, does it ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I bash Alizée because I think there are so many people in this forum who say everything she sings, everything she wears, every change to her appearance is wonderful and it's not.
Agreed !!! I'm tired of the fanatics and the giggly fanboys and the unjustified and excessive glorification of - for crying out loud, people - a pop singer. I understand this is a fan forum, and a hefty amount of idol worship is to be expected, but the loss of contact with reality so often and by obviously otherwise intelligent people just grates against the grain sometimes.

I like the girl, I like her music, I like her look ... but I don't know who she is underneath the public image and I don't pretend to know, either. I don't know if she's nice or mean spirited, I don't know if she treats others with respect or disdain, I don't know what kind of wife, mother, or person she is - AND I DON'T CARE, either. She's a performer and I'm a consumer, and that's THAT.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

discussions of what Alizee does not do well are allowed but swearing and yelling at each other is not allowed here. If I come back home today and see this thread has gotten worse I will close it.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
I like the girl, I like her music, I like her look ... but I don't know who she is underneath the public image and I don't pretend to know, either. I don't know if she's nice or mean spirited, I don't know if she treats others with respect or disdain, I don't know what kind of wife, mother, or person she is - AND I DON'T CARE, either. She's a performer and I'm a consumer, and that's THAT.
She is trying to show us who she is underneath the public image....but you in addition to some others on here don't want to see it. Then you complain when her image isn't what you want. You not as much as scruffy who makes it his only purpose on this forum to bash on Alizée. Heck we wouldn't even be talking if he hadn't ran his e-mouth off again.

The difference in viewpoints is because alot of us here aren't just consumers, some of us respect Alizée for what she is doing now. I have the same opinion as Euphoria, and I'm not star struck or some sort of fan in denial. In fact the reason I signed up here is because she was showing us herself and I wanted to talk about that on here with people. But instead I gotta put up with scruffy and others who want more than anything for her to not be herself and put up some fake image.

You don't like her new music? Find another artist, there are many out there. Don't like her image? There are plenty of artists out there willing to dress up any way to satisfy the consumers.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:26 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
Excuse me ? Who the h*ll are you to tell anyone to fsck off ? What is wrong with YOU, guy ? How about YOU go fsck off and keep YOUR flowery, infatuated, star-struck opinions to yourself, hmmm ?

Doesn't feel so good to be treated that way, does it ???

Agreed !!! I'm tired of the fanatics and the giggly fanboys and the unjustified and excessive glorification of - for crying out loud, people - a pop singer. I understand this is a fan forum, and a hefty amount of idol worship is to be expected, but the loss of contact with reality so often and by obviously otherwise intelligent people just grates against the grain sometimes.

Giggly fanboy? I'm a 20 year old female, you dolt. Personally, I don't think theres anything wrong with me. I think I'm one of the few people on this website that looks at things realistically. I either see 15 year old boys worshiping her, or people constantly bashing her on everything she does. I've never pretended or said I knew who she was as a person. In fact, I've said many times, that she is a celebrity...and every celebrity puts on some sort of a facade. And if you're only here for what she provides as a performer..and you're not happy with it? LEAVE. Stop complaining and move on to a performer you are happy with. I've never seen so much bitching about what a singer does before. I can't say I think everything she does is perfect, I don't. But some people on here only have negative things to say about her. Everyone changes, shes not going back to who she was 5 years ago, because she likes who she is.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:50 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Euphoria, if we didn't like her, we wouldn't be here. Most of this was caused by the release of Psychédélices, which to some was a big disappointment. Many of us have been waiting for the time to come when things turn around, but performance after performance has been a letdown. We're now into the time when Alizée is touring the world in a concert for her new album, and things have still not improved. We can make all the petty excuses that we want, but Alizée should have prepared for this, and it looks to me like she's treating a paid concert as a free performance, simply with her voiceover turned off, and I dare say it, that's no longer a good thing.

There, I said it. And I will repeat what Scruffydog said before; I hope for the best, but I fear the worst. I still visit this forum regularly and discuss Alizée here because I love her, but that doesn't prevent me from saying what I mean. Alizée is still going downhill, and I'm now clinging to the hope that the next album will bring a massive revamp to Alizée.