Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Well to get back on topic for me I would have to say no. I have had many artist that when I come across them or was introduced to them I just listened to them and only them for months, but I have never joined a forum for any of them. I love them still, but there was just something special about Alizée. I don't know how to describe it really. She's exotic, beautiful, new, and something I have never heard or seen before. She is a good person and she just makes me feel good. I wanted to learn more about her and that lead to learning more about her people and their culture and then I found this forum and there is so many good people here who are just like me and it was a great time to join and I have had a great time following her career. And I will continue to follow her as well because I just love her.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tical 808 View Post
As long as Alizee's in business there won't be another for me at least. I don't know if this happened to anyone else but ever since finding Alizee, other famous women I thought were good looking and talented were like nothing cuz I kept comparing them to Alizee. That just shows how beautiful and skilled she is at what she does.

Rofl, I feel ya mate!
I used to like Alba, but after Alizée invaded my life, well, let's just say my parents aren't ashamed of me anymore and as for Alba, not so attractive in my eyes anymore.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:57 AM

NoHandleBars is on a distinguished road

The More I read this thread I must say... NO, No one can ever replace someone you care about outright. Shes got something no one else can ever have.

Also I must say when I said no where near the top of my list I ment like top 10 or out of the WORLD. So Im not bashing her. Like I said she is Attractive for sure. She just gets me with her music and performances
Old 06-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Je suis l'Ouragan :O

Yaceman is on a distinguished road

it would be interesting to see more of her relationship with her daughter. All that we see is random pictures and stuff. to see her as a mother, away from the fame. On top of that how she is as a wife. Shes living a whole discreet life away from the camera that we don't see...
Old 06-04-2008, 07:31 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I used to like the groups from the 1960's growing up, but not until Alizée has anyone got me by the balls. I cannot speak for future events, but my guess is that no one will ever again have the effect on me that Alizée has.
She has my complete and undying attention, respect, admiration, love and dedication.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Never ever wanna leave you

Rachelizee is on a distinguished road

For me , put simply, no.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

To answer the question of will there be another Alizée? No way...I don't think the situation could be replicated and produce another wonderful performer like her.

Having said that, I'm going to rant a bit.

Ogre summed up my experience with Alizée a couple posts back. When i first became hooked on her, i thought i might overdose on watching her videos and listening to her songs. And i've somewhat done that (too much of a good thing i guess). I still watch a couple videos a week but not the 5-6 times daily i was doing (the tv5 acoustic perfromance excluded, I've watched that several times)

As i've really only been exposed to Alizée through her recent music and performances I am somewhat biased towards the 'new' Alizée. I don't really think i would be as IN to her as i am now if i had been exposed to her when she first burst on the scene. Sure she was fantastic and her performances wonderful to behold. But at the same time....i think i would have been creeped out a bit too much and turned off. I still have difficulty with everything associated with Moi...Lolita. I'm sure i'm reading a little too much into it, but that song and video really do give me a bit of an ashamed-dirty-old-man feeling. And i don't like it.

The second thing is in her early career it seemed EVERY performance was lip-synching. I can't stand that.....but i've been able to ignore my disdain for lip-synching with Alizée. Why is that? I guess it's that 'special something' she has that everyone keeps mentioning.

The point I'm trying to get at here is. I really love the new Alizée. I'm soooo glad she is no longer a trained-monkey of Farmer/Boutannat. But she needs more polish before she will really shine. If she improves on the TV5 acoustic performance, then i will be head long into that wonderful bliss i experienced when i first discoverd her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaceman View Post
it would be interesting to see more of her relationship with her daughter. All that we see is random pictures and stuff. to see her as a mother, away from the fame. On top of that how she is as a wife. Shes living a whole discreet life away from the camera that we don't see...
As far as this goes. I respect her and her family's privacy and have always been saddened by celebrities who have their lives invaded. I know they ask for it to some extent. But if Alizeée isn't willing to have her life exposed to we 'the fans' i say let her have her "discreet life".

Sorry 'bout the long post.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:13 AM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

simply a NO.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuated View Post
I still have difficulty with everything associated with Moi...Lolita. I'm sure i'm reading a little too much into it, but that song and video really do give me a bit of an ashamed-dirty-old-man feeling. And i don't like it.
I can relate to how you feel. I found out about Alizee early last year. I was looking for a Madonna song. Saw Alizee's picture on a La Isla Bonita hit. Played it. Loved it. Did a search under Alizee and the rest is history. One of the first videos I clicked on was Moi Lolita in Amsterdam. It drew my attention because this is one of the cities I had spent part of my honeymoon in. What an amazing video. I knew what lolita meant but had no idea what the other lyrics meant. For all I know she could have been saying Scruffydog's a schmuck(go easy on me forum members! LOL) and it wouldn't have made any difference to me. It was the beauty of the sound , not the definition of the words that I loved.

I put several of her videos onto a dvd and brought it into work with me and showed them to some of my fellow technicians. Everyone was mesmerized but a couple made some comments that kind of indicated they thought I was a pervert or something. These same two guys are married with kids and they have pictures of naked women plastered all over the inside of their locker doors. I never have had pictures like this in my locker and never will.These pictures leave nothing to the imagination and they have the nerve to make comments about me. Do you think if I thought of her in a perverted way, I would have brought these videos into work

From what I've heard on the internet. MF and LB gave Alizee the book Lolita to read when she was 15 so she'd know the story behind the music they were working on. I think this was wrong of them. I believe she's a non practicing catholic. I'm surprized her parents allowed it, that's if they knew about it. How many parents in this country would have allowed someone to give a book like this to their 15 year old daughter to read. I don't think there are too many who would take it well. Does the fact that it's 2 famous people who are doing it to try and launch a music career for her make a difference. I'm not sure.

The video itself like I already said was awesome. She looks so incredibly beautiful in it. The look in her eyes, the little flips of the head, the waves to the crowd, then the music is beautiful, her singing incredible (even though it was lip synched) and her dancing was so refreshingly new, especially after all the booty popping you see nowadays. I think it was wrong to dress her in an outfit where the cheeks of her ass were hanging out but that's not what made this video so great.

So I'm not afraid to show anyone her videos. I don't fear what they may think of me. If they think I'm a pervert for liking these videos, it's because they don't know me or they're completely stupid or both. So if you enjoy her beauty, her wonderful singing and dancing in this video and dont find yourself staring at her cheeks to often, then I think there is no reason to feel ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuated View Post
The second thing is in her early career it seemed EVERY performance was lip-synching. I can't stand that.....but i've been able to ignore my disdain for lip-synching with Alizée. Why is that? I guess it's that 'special something' she has that everyone keeps mentioning.

The point I'm trying to get at here is. I really love the new Alizée. I'm soooo glad she is no longer a trained-monkey of Farmer/Boutannat.
As far as lip synching, I'm sure there is a lot more of this that goes on in the music world than we know about. I couldn't care less. As long as that voice that is coming from the sound studio is hers is all that matters to me. But look at how amazing her en concert dvd was and there was no lip synching in that.

As far as the MF/LB pair are concerned. They produced a lot of wonderful music with Alizee in relatively short amount of time. It will be interesting if her new team can come close to this. Only time will tell.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:38 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

on second thought
probably no - there will probably never be another Alizee
but in about 20 years, though, i'll have the privilege to take a look at her daughter
can't wait

Last edited by tbailey; 06-04-2008 at 11:00 PM..