Fish is on a distinguished road

I believe what the good sir Snatcher is trying to say is,

"Does she not?"
Old 06-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Woof !

Just a Guest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
Speaking of heels, she still needs some color coordination between dress and shoes,...
Gosh, no complaints about the bracolor?
How mild.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:06 PM

Martin is on a distinguished road

Neiteio is right. Mylene and co had understood that the petite figure of Alizee needed something slick and minimal to showcase her qualitities. she had a very fluid and dynamic figure that way. Breaking the silhouette in many pieces is a no no for small persons. I know she has a special taste for weird outfits but there are some rules you just cant break. she looks lovely in L'amitie though. The monocolor dress helps a lot.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:07 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guest View Post
Gosh, no complaints about the bracolor?
How mild.
I guess we were looking at different things.

Silly jest aside, I didn't notice what you're talking about. On the black or white dress?

Also, maybe Alizée should just not wear clothes. It'd solve everything.

(I'm kidding! I'm kidding!)

EDIT: Also, what Martin said. "Silhouette" is a good word to use here. Think of the iPod commercials. What would get you pumped more, a silhouette of JEAM-outfit Lili dancing or Hung Up-outfit Lili dancing? Which would feel more energetic and alive? Isn't that how music is supposed to make you feel?

Last edited by Neiteio; 06-06-2008 at 09:09 PM..
Old 06-06-2008, 09:14 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

While Alizée's recent dress is far superior to the curtains that she was wearing before, I'm suddenly getting the littlest bit worried that she's going to end up like that which Madonna is now. There's got to be a limit somewhere, Lili!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I guess we were looking at different things.

EDIT: Also, what Martin said. "Silhouette" is a good word to use here. Think of the iPod commercials. What would get you pumped more, a silhouette of JEAM-outfit Lili dancing or Hung Up-outfit Lili dancing? Which would feel more energetic and alive? Isn't that how music is supposed to make you feel?

Depends what kind.
I'm not asking Pink Floyd to make me stick my tongue out like Gene Simmons and bang my head continuously.

In this case, going with your suggestion, I would feel more energetic and alive if it was a silhouette of a JEAM-outfit Lili in an iPod commercial.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:51 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Cinching the clothes at the waist creates a slimming effect that's SLEEK and DYNAMIC -- hopefully like the music she's performing. If her figure is defined it creates a more kinetic presence, which infuses her performances with more energy, more charm. It's one of the reasons I think the Love is All performance worked so well.

The other thing to change, aside from a switch to tighter clothes, is her heels. She needs to return to shoes with shorter heels, like she wore on the first two album. The heels she's using now look ridiculous. They inhibit her movement and make her seem oddly fidgety when she moves onstage. I'd really like to see her return to the boots of yesteryear. The boots she wore in the JPVA performance were particularly cute.

That's my two cents.
You make a good point here. I've always preferred clothes that show off my shape. And most women prefer that, but the loose fitting dresses are pretty popular right now. Shes stated she loves clothes and I'm sure she keeps up with fashion. So, I guess we just have to wait for the times to change on that.

With the shoes, she probably feels like she has more stage presence. When you're lacking in confidence, being very petite on a stage can make you look even smaller. And from what I've seen of the concerts so far, she looks very small on stage, despite the heels. Also, shes not dancing. That's more understandable to me for her to wear high heels since shes just standing and sitting. I was watching Mylene's 89 concert, where she was wearing very short heeled boots. She was running around on stage, bending down and touching people's hands. Forward to her other concerts, she's wearing very high platform shoes, and she always wears her hair very big, to give the illusion that shes taller than everyone on stage. I figured that was another thing with stage presence. They want to feel like they're the spotlight on stage, even though everyone is there to see them.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

There's nothing wrong with small height in my opinion. It's better to be smaller, considering i'm 2.04 meters.

I hope she just feels comfortable with whatever she wears, if the loose-fitters are her choice, then I shall let her be happy with her choice, she should however, be proud she's not a giant like me that bends down on a majority of entrances just to get in, and wears some sporty sneakers, or boots.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Gasp! Those instruments, are beautiful!

Okay, back to the topic.

Off topic for Syd:
Yes they are beautiful. Here is a picture of the owner. Michel-Yves Kochmann. (on the right)

btw, the person on the left is Loic Pontieux, the drummer on the Alizée 2003-2004 tour.

It's a small world isn't it?