Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Well i see my lack of vocabulary keeps on missleading. What you describe is exactly what i ment with the word rage, a feeling of "empowerment" indeed. And for my question, it would be better put if i had asked "what do you think is the main charateristics of a concert in your favourite genre (or band since the experience seem to vary alot even in the same genre).

I have never been to a Bruce Springsteen concert but my parents have. They talk about the way he communicate with the audience, how it's almost as if he let's them do the work. He always start with a preset song list but after 2-3 songs he throws it away and just go with the flow. You could say his way is to let the audience steer the concert.

And to take a random pop artist, let's say Madonna. Her concerts is mostly about entertainment with dance, acts and all that comes with it. You could say that the element of surprise is important here as the audience could never expect what tricks she pulls off.

Im just speculating here since i've never been to any of these concerts. Maybe you guys have better ideas on how concerts of various artists difere from each other.

Bruce Springsteen.
I'm not a big fan of his music, and his concerts are way too long, I walked out on his show on my one Bruce Springsteen Concert, I reached the two hour mark and I couldn't stand another 2-3 more hours of Springsteen...

Metal concerts are the best concert experience, the crowd gets into the moment, everyone enters the world of the band, and everything else just doesn't exist. The world? That metal concert is all the world you need when you enter that state of mind, feed off of the harmonies and the thrashing fervor of the band, and to free yourself from mortal worries.

That's a metal concert for you.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Bruce Springsteen.
I'm not a big fan of his music, and his concerts are way too long, I walked out on his show on my one Bruce Springsteen Concert, I reached the two hour mark and I couldn't stand another 2-3 more hours of Springsteen...

What is the longest concert you've ever been too?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Bruce Springsteen.

Metal concerts are the best concert experience, the crowd gets into the moment, everyone enters the world of the band, and everything else just doesn't exist. The world? That metal concert is all the world you need when you enter that state of mind, feed off of the harmonies and the thrashing fervor of the band, and to free yourself from mortal worries.

That's a metal concert for you.
Im sure that, if you are a big fan of his music, as with any of your favourite artists, thier concerts can never be too long. This have more to do with personal taste, what im trying to find out is how diffrent artists have diffrent approches towards their fans while performing a concert.

I was hopeing for somone with their taste bent towards other genres than metal to utter their opinions, for the power of a metal concert is already known to me.

But why am i sitting here like a general at war requesting others to scout the world for me.
There is no better way of finding out than to experience it yourself.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:34 PM

Fralizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohicawill View Post
Well. I just learned about this young lady a few weeks ago and have purchased Mes Courants Electriques. I just cannot stop playing that CD! She is a well blended mix of talent Charm and Awesome good looks! I have more items in the mail as I write this. And one last thing, I have visited France many times while serving in the US Navy and I always had a great time. I hope to get to know some of you and learn more about this Rare talent in the Future.
You will be hooked on this girl for a long time to come. Just wait what happens when you see and hear the "En Concert" DVD and CD!!!
Welcome to Alizee land!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
What is the longest concert you've ever been too?
Hellfest Summer Open Air 2007, 3 days of no sleep, and kickass metal.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

The best $h!t I’ve ever been to through the years is Iron Maiden. It's like vertical wrestling with hundreds of people when trying to reach front row. Jumping around, shake your head like a maniac and screaming. And when the crowd sings along in Fear of the dark, I don't know if even an Alizée concert could beat that, hopefully I'll be able to see if she can in October.
The only non-metal concert I’ve been to recently is Mark Knopfler, and even though I love his music it was so damn boring.

<3
Old 08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post

I was hopeing for somone with their taste bent towards other genres than metal to utter their opinions, for the power of a metal concert is already known to me.

But why am i sitting here like a general at war requesting others to scout the world for me.
There is no better way of finding out than to experience it yourself.
I like some different music.

First concert was Styx, at the Rosemont Horizon in Chicago, 1981, 18,000 fans - I was sober as a judge when we went in, and I have very little memory of the next day at all - just such a spectacle of light and sound...

Went to a Mozart Recital back in 1982 or 1984 (one of those Med Cruises) - I was completley transported for two hours.... One of the Soviet Symphonies was playing in Rome when we were in Naples....

ZZ Top - Up and down all night long, 3 hours I think. Not like a "sonic explosion" - more like a tapestry.....

Def Leppard - In the Round, In your face! Favorite concerts ever... Saw them 7 times in 10 years.... Everyone knows every word, packed in until you almost don't have to stand for yourself - the band, very much there, very much involved with the crowd....

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 08-20-2008, 01:39 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
I like some different music.

First concert was Styx, at the Rosemont Horizon in Chicago, 1981, 18,000 fans - I was sober as a judge when we went in, and I have very little memory of the next day at all - just such a spectacle of light and sound...
I saw Styx about the same time in Tulsa. Pieces of Eight tour. Powerful!
Went to a Mozart Recital back in 1982 or 1984 (one of those Med Cruises) - I was completley transported for two hours.... One of the Soviet Symphonies was playing in Rome when we were in Naples....

ZZ Top - Up and down all night long, 3 hours I think. Not like a "sonic explosion" - more like a tapestry.....
ZZ top 1985 or 6 Elimimator tour; Tulsa; Saw them ayr ago in Miami, Ok.Still excellent performers and tight as ever.
Def Leppard - In the Round, In your face! Favorite concerts ever... Saw them 7 times in 10 years.... Everyone knows every word, packed in until you almost don't have to stand for yourself - the band, very much there, very much involved with the crowd....

Ed
Lynerd Skynerd two yrs. ago Sturgis SD. Powerful performance, great guitar riffs. Many more but the funnest concert I ever went to was Cheap Trick in 1981 in Tulsa. Rick Nielson is a guitar virtuoso and hillarious to watch. He has a zany personality. They were very tight as a band. Kansas, Blue Oyster Cult, Ted Nugent, Rush!, Pat Benatar, Rare Earth, Dr. Hook, Red Ryder, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Fabulous Thunderbirds, BB King, Ray Charles, Huey Lewis and the News, Marshall Tucker, The Guess Who, John Maclaughlin and the Mahavishna orchestra, Black Oak Arkansas, Leon Russell, Bobby Blubland,Sugarloaf, Bachman Turner Overdrive, just to name a few. All captivating in their own way. Spirogyra- Jazz rock fusion absolutely incredible musicians.

Last edited by pepelepew; 08-20-2008 at 01:46 AM..
Old 08-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Faded into Gray

:
Old 08-20-2008, 03:23 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

what happened to this thread lol

A= Amazing
L= Lovely
I= Incredible
Z= Zeal