Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 PM

Quantum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
yes, the navy allows fighter pilots to fly with glasses so long as their vision is 20/20 with glasses on. I am not sure about the air force, but my rucruiter has told me I can apply for a wavier and the air force will pay for my eye surgery. The new vision requirements for all fighter pilots are 20/20 CORRECTIBLE.
Interesting.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:29 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I've had eye surgery and it worked, I'm satisfied (I was near sighted). But I don't have 20/20 vision, at least not with my left eye, it's slightly weaker due to astigmatism. What I'm trying to say is this: There is no guarantee eye surgery will give you 20/20 vision even with a very good (and that means expensive) surgeon. The technology is getting better all the time though, good luck.

And about that fighter program: There will be only drones two decades from now anyway.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I've had eye surgery and it worked, I'm satisfied (I was near sighted). But I don't have 20/20 vision, at least not with my left eye, it's slightly weaker due to astigmatism. What I'm trying to say is this: There is no guarantee eye surgery will give you 20/20 vision even with a very good (and that means expensive) surgeon. The technology is getting better all the time though, good luck.

And about that fighter program: There will be only drones two decades from now anyway.
yes sadly that is true and I have herd that a lot before. I am hoping for advances in the technology in the next 4 years. Also they don't do lasik becuase the thing can rip off your eye when flying at high speeds with high Gs. They do the other type of surgery, I forgot its name, and they cover the cost completely.
Thanks for the good luck wish, I will need it.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 11-05-2008, 02:44 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

I would like to be in this one :

Old 11-05-2008, 05:23 PM
recovering alizée addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
yes sadly that is true and I have herd that a lot before. I am hoping for advances in the technology in the next 4 years. Also they don't do lasik becuase the thing can rip off your eye when flying at high speeds with high Gs. They do the other type of surgery, I forgot its name, and they cover the cost completely.
Thanks for the good luck wish, I will need it.
Lasek maybe?

The technology gets better all the time, the longer you wait, the safer (and cheaper, though that doesn't really concern you) it gets. But there won't be a 100% guarantee for the forseeable future.

And really, I'm serious about those drones. Maybe you're better off designing these machines than trying to get into a program that surely won't last as long as your career.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

I will be retired before drones fully take the place of manned fighters if that even ever happens; that im sure of. And yes I do want to design these babies after Im done with the air force. Thats why im majoring in aerospace engineering.
The only UAVs you will see for the next 20-30 years are ones such as Predator

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 11-05-2008, 06:08 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

I'd very much rather stay on the ground, thats where i can control ALL my movements. So you really wanna fly a raptor bad eh? Whats so luring about it anyway? I've heard of the lust for battle, but I've never heard of lust for battle in a plane. Is it both that attracts your attention? or is it flying in particular. Good thing you have a plan B. Btw, if you ever become smart enough to biuld an atomic bomb, call me first.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:14 PM

Alizee=Czech-Princess! is on a distinguished road

I have someone you could aim the atom bomb at hehe
Old 11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
recovering alizée addict

Quote:
The only UAVs you will see for the next 20-30 years are ones such as Predator
Sorry, but this statement is not supported by any facts. The predator already has a more capable successor in operation right now (reaper drone). The X-47 will be in operation around 2020, prototypes have been flying for years now (lower left in the picture above). Numerous development programs are being started/will be started in the next decade. Military planners envison a 2025 force that is "largely robotic" (original quote). Oh well, time will tell who is right.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Sorry, but this statement is not supported by any facts. The predator already has a more capable successor in operation right now (reaper drone). The X-47 will be in operation around 2020, prototypes have been flying for years now (lower left in the picture above). Numerous development programs are being started/will be started in the next decade. Military planners envison a 2025 force that is "largely robotic" (original quote). Oh well, time will tell who is right.
the x-47 reminds me of a blackbird