Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee main site abandoned?

http://alizee-officiel.com/
It hasn't been updated in god knows when, and the google maps on the secret page no longer work

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 12-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Ah well, at least we have this site and others.
At least I hope so.
The forums' containment of helpful and up-to-date information on official and rumored news are great traffic for new members.
By the way FRA, take a screenshot of your postcount, because you have a 1337 postcount.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Maybe since the concert in Mexico. I mean there hasn't been much going on with Alizée lately.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:20 AM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
http://alizee-officiel.com/
It hasn't been updated in god knows when
The last site update was on Nov 8th 2007.
The site had to be and was reregistered before Sept 5th 2008 for another year.
It was on Sept 3rd 2008. Until Sept 5th 2009.
Sad but true.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:50 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

To quote Lefty from the MySpace thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It could be that when Alizée changed labels, it was decided that the Psychédélices campaign was over, even though there was talk of a renewed promotional effort. If this is the case, then her long silence would just be a natural result of being “between albums”, and would be quite understandable. I think a lot of fans were under the impression that they weren’t done with Psychédélices yet, which led to impatience and concern over this silence. It’s not unreasonable to think that she may have been working on a new album this whole time, rather than putting more money into an album that they decided may have already run its course.
Personally, I think Lefty's right on the money, here. It would explain a lot--why there's been no renewed promotion in advance of the Christmas season, why the end-of-year "fan event" that was mentioned never materialized, and why the official sites have gone to seed. Though it ended abruptly with a whimper instead of a bang, amidst a lot of confusion and hurt feelings, it appears the Psychédélices era is over.

Historically speaking, Lili apparently prefers to stay out of the public eye and not maintain contact with her fans when she's between albums, perhaps in favour of concentrating her efforts on putting together a new one. We can argue the rightness or wrongness of this approach until we're blue in the face--while on the one hand it appears she lost a great deal of relevance to her French fans between MCE and Psych, at the same time she seemed to spring up overnight in Mexico without any promotional effort on her part at all--it doesn't seem very likely that we'll influence her either way. Lili and her label will do as they will, for better or worse. On the bright side, perhaps her (rumoured) appearance in the upcoming Les Enfoires concerts indicates a willingness to change in this regard, since it seems unlikely that a new album would be ready for promotion so soon.

All we can do is watch and wait. Or not. That's every fan's choice.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

If Alizée doesn’t have any new material ready quite yet, maybe Les Enfoirés would give her a nice way to return into the public eye (if the rumor is true). She may also want to participate simply because she believes in this charitable effort and it would be a gesture of good will to the French public. If she follows that appearance up with some new material in February and early March, she will have something out there to promote her March concert. It seems to me at this point that it is absolutely necessary for her to do something soon if she still plans on holding that concert.

I find it all a bit confusing. With an important concert date coming up, and some of her core fans in turmoil, I would think there would be some effort made to hold it all together. Instead, we see a decline in activity at her myspace, a choking off of fan comments, and still no activity on her official site. I guess I can’t grasp the logic they are operating under. I don’t know, maybe the decision makers have isolated themselves too much. At least show some activity on these sites to give the fans an indication that things are happening and all is well. They don't have to provide details, just some signs of life. Give the fans something to believe in. Otherwise, who's going to buy concert tickets and spend money on travel arrangements and accommodations based on the current vibe out there?

I hope in the coming weeks some positive signs emerge to give some new faith and hope to all the fans out there. Obviously, I'm pulling for Alizée and I want this all to work out for her.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:21 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i've also been assuming she is working on something new, and it's normal for musicians to disappear from the scene when doing that so i didn't care about the silence and lack of news. it's nothing new, she's never been the one to really communicate with the fans much.

however, the postponed concert i just cannot see that happening. unless she rushes the album and gets it out before march. it doesn't fit with what's ahead of her. if she canceled due to low sales, things are only getting worse in terms of fan support and i doubt she'll have sold more tickets for the new date than the original.

i'll just take what comes, i don't demand or necessarily need anything from her and people who have these expectations are only setting themselves up for a letdown.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:11 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
The last site update was on Nov 8th 2007.
The site had to be and was reregistered before Sept 5th 2008 for another year.
It was on Sept 3rd 2008. Until Sept 5th 2009.
Sad but true.

This site used to try to keep the fans up to date with what she was doing. Look at the news section. The last news was posted in around February 2008. They even listed all the tv shows and stuff that she was going to be on. They tried for a little while to keep this stuff updated, a couple months.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-30-2008, 11:21 PM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Oh, ok, I was going by the internet archive site.

click here

It used to be accurate. The site is maintained by SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, so I really don't go there often. There is no news. There is no need.

One last Christmas photo. Gizmo doll. So cute.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
One last Christmas photo. Gizmo doll. So cute.
Heh. Way to scare the living crap out of mavs, Topaz.