Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-09-2009, 03:00 AM

patyl is on a distinguished road

I don´t know you guys but for me this lady....Mylene is something scary....weird... Don't you think so?...maybe creepy?...

This threat .... is too scary and sad for me-

I hope the new guy -that Mylene is going to promote this year- won't use the same outfits she did ....

Just kidding....(LOL).....

Happy Beginning of year 2009 to all! And also to Alizee, Mylene and Laurent B.

yours,

patyl
Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Just a note that some of these pics (namely those of the miam belt and fish pin) are post-Alizée.I mean, I'm sure she paid for most of them. There was some interview where Alizée mentioned returning her cloths to the production company.
That makes me feel a little bit less confused. Actually, the Miam-Miam bell and the goldfish had me more confused than anything else. Oh, and could you post a link to the interview Snatcher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Must be boring day in the forum to dig up this old thread.
No it wasn't, I was just looking for a "lilly fashion" thread and wrote "clothes" on the search function and I found the thread on page 7 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
There are new guests and members everyday. If an old thread becomes active again, C'est la vie.
Well, thats how we notice some interesting threads, for example the LMC thread I wouldnt have watched the vid if Wolfram had not posted in that thread.

Last edited by edgar93; 07-27-2010 at 02:12 AM..
Old 01-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I really think it's time to bury the Mylène-Alizée star wars theory. By now, it should be clear to anyone who's been paying attention that there is no bad blood between them. Alizée's decision to go off and do her own thing was inevitable and there's no evidence that Mylène resents her for it, that she gave Alizée the boot, or that Alizée was mad at Mylène.

Any internal psychological elements in Mylène herself that led her, along with the creative and commercial reasons, to seek a young protegée in the first place, are pure speculation. Missing her own childhood? Wistful regret that she never had children? Might be true. I don't know. Mylène is opaque to me.

I do know that she and Laurent preserved Alizée's commercial name and "sold" it to her for 1 Euro. I do know that Alizée sent her a copy of Psychèdèlices pre-release. AND -- please don't ask me how I know this, but I do -- Mylène returned the favor and sent Alizée a copy of HER recent album pre-release as well.

They're getting along fine.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Deepwaters. I don’t think there’s anything here to get freaked out about. As Ogre said, a lot of this is about packaging and Mylene’s knowledge of what works in the business. Like Deepwaters, Mylene is opaque to me too, but I do like much of her music.

I think one can understand why Alizée needed to move on as she became an adult. It’s not always easy for a mentor/protégée relationship to evolve into a peer/peer relationship. Who knows, maybe someday they will meet again when Alizée is well established on her own, and they will find some common musical ground, but I don’t think it’s likely.

Regardless, I see no reason to suspect any bad blood between Mylene and Alizée at this point and I don’t doubt Alizée is truly grateful for what Mylene taught her and did for her.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:04 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road
When I saw that Mylene's photos, it was like in my worst dream
Alizée looks in that dresses much better than Mylene
I like Mylene, but this was for me too much

I think Mylene wanted with Alizée's ''help'' make that, what she couldn't do, cause she wasn't so young like before. And Alizée was the perfect person for Mylene's plans.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

You guys are speaking of this "mentor/protégée" relationship as if it were a common thing. Do you know of any other situation where the mentor is actually an artist of the same "brand" like this or is it a special situation we've got here?

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:24 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I'd just say that my guess is, Mylène liked those styles and thought they would work, so she put them on Alizée. While it was working, she just figured she might as continue. It looked like Alizée might go really big for a while there. Why not keep steering that ship?
And, yeah, she probably had a bit of "mini-me" feeling going on. But ultimately, Alizée is not Mylène; so she wanted to go her own way. There's tons more to say about it, and I think there was definitely more to the break up than has been laid out explicitely. But it doesn't look like any more is going to come along, unless one of them writes some memoire some day decades from now. But neither seem like the sort to want to bother with sharing that much with the public.

Alizée in her instant-mag2 interview was asked if she ever got tired of being asked about Mylène and Moi... Lolita. I really don't see why she wouldn't just say even, yeah, it was great, but it's been talked about so much that I'd really like to just move on sometimes, if that's how she feels, but instead she said, no, to the contrary. Then she said she'd like to not be asked about Julien Doré (don't remember if that ever came up before she said that). She doesn't seem to like him much.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

lol talk about some over-reacting in this thread, i'm more surprised so many people have seen it for the first time now and are upset by it.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

I am not mad at all just a little surprised that I never seen this before, just didn't know they used the same outfits or styles. I think Mylene is great and one hell of a entertainer, I don't see how anyone could dislike Mylene, the reason we all love and know Alizée is thanks to Mylene. Alizée has said she is thankful to Mylene as well because now she has the chance to do what she loves. Not to mention made a ton of money to boot.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

make a ton of money, have a lot of fun, travel the world, meet her husband, get to make her own album... don't think any of that would have happened had she not hooked up with Mylène, but whatever, who knows what she might have done instead.

Merci Fanny