Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

She might be referring to Al LeFleur and Simone DeBahlonée, two people she met at a dive bar in the seedy part of Paris one dark and stormy night.

Yeah ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:56 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Yeah, considering Camus and Beauvoir were French intellectual writers, friends of the Existentialist Jean-Paul Sartre, and the passage refers to their words, I'm going with that one. And of course Jean Fauque wrote the lyrics along with Jérémy. But really, if it had been S1m0ne I wouldn't find it so surprising. She also has a reference in this song to the tv show "Desperate Housewives" and she did confirm that in an interview as I recall. (or maybe I'm dreaming)

Merci Fanny
Old 02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
She also has a reference in this song to the tv show "Desperate Housewives" and she did confirm that in an interview as I recall. (or maybe I'm dreaming)
Cool, I never put together the Bree "DH" reference. Oops, I guess I am no longer a closet "DH" fan
-B

Alizee is my Constant
Old 02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

With regard to the "Al et Simone" reference, it's fairly certain to be an intentional double entendre (and possible N-entendre).

The Albert Camus and Simone de Beauvoir meaning would fit the "Fantasyland" aspects of the song "Lilly Town" pretty well.

Meanwhile, the Al (Pacino, aka the character Viktor Taransky ) and S1m0ne interpretation could potentially expose possible parallels of the relationship between Alizée and Mylène Farmer(& Co.). It also would continue the theme presented in "Fifty Sixty" with the references to the relationship between Andy Warhol and Edie Sedgwick.

What I do know, is that after researching that portion of lyrics, I was compelled to rent and view "S1m0ne" where as I don't feel the need to rush out and read the works of Camus and de Beauvoir. If someone else has done the reading and can deliver some hidden insight, it might be more interesting.

Looks like Jean Fauque and Alizée covered themselves. And it's all good.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool B View Post
Cool, I never put together the Bree "DH" reference. Oops, I guess I am no longer a closet "DH" fan
-B
And where do you think she got the idea to call their music label Wisteria Song?

@Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. yeah, the lyrics are definitely put together such that you can find all kinds of interesting things. Did Fauque, Châtelain, or Alizée have this or that in particular in mind when making the song? Well, much is left to us to guess.
I will say that she said they were not intentionally making references to Mylène, but after having written the lyrics one could see how it could be infered.

Merci Fanny
Old 02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
And where do you think she got the idea to call their music label Wisteria Song?
Shut Up! Man, I never put it together.
At least now I know if I ever met her, I could drop a few DH references and she would be like, "wow this is one cool cat"

-B

Alizee is my Constant
Old 02-04-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool B View Post
Shut Up! Man, I never put it together.
At least now I know if I ever met her, I could drop a few DH references and she would be like, "wow this is one cool cat"

-B
Wow, ce chat est vraiment froid ? (doesn't really work in French )

Merci Fanny
Old 02-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
And you got all that from 'Al et Simone'? What else does her musical clues say? hmmm?

Hi Rocket,

Yes indeed. Alizée can say alot in a very few number of words. She learned well from MF and her new co-conspirator Fauque has been around the block several times.

As to other musical clues: picture Alizée singing "Jamais Plus" in the same style that Alanis Morissette sang "You Oughta Know". "Jamais Plus" came from a very PO'd place. She dug up Edgar Allen Poe's Raven! Yikes!

In the fullness of time we'll know much more.