Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-12-2009, 09:36 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Just got an email from Francebillet about refunds. Added it to the first post.

I also had some tickets still on will-call at Fnac. Contact them and they'll refund your credit card.
Thanks for the info!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

You guys are probably way ahead of me, but I had not seen this 'til now.

French website cites low ticket sales as reason for cancellation:
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-67556.html

Text result from Google translate tool:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t#

Translation: French » English

Alizée cancel a second time the Grand Rex
While she was already producing them last year, the singer's concert was postponed due to lack of reservations, on 28 March. In recent days, it is definitely canceled.
Times are hard in the metropolis for the interpretation of "Moi ... Lolita" (Top 2 in 2000), here only because the singer receives a considerable success in Mexico, where his concerts in stadiums have sold-out! Strange fate for the former small protected Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, uprooted in Corsica, his native island, following a television broadcast in 1999 ( "Graines de star") and now married to an ex - candidate of "Star Academy", Jérémy Chatelain.

Alizée, since it is in question, had already occurred on the stage of the Grand Rex in Paris on 23 October, following the release of his third album "Psychedelic" (a disc sold only 40 000 copies). The beautiful movie theater, when converted into concert hall, is not great, but the singer postponed her show at 28 March 2009 for lack of bookings. In recent days, a new dramatic turn of events, it simply cancels his concert scheduled in two weeks!

No next date has yet been officially communicated.

In addition to its undeniable talent as controversial as we knew Mylène Farmer excellent manager of his own career, image and "cliptorisation" understood. With the orbit of Alizée, barely 16 years old in 2000, it goes further, projecting a part of herself through this innocent young Corsican, found in 1999 when it won the competition TV "star seeds", led by Laurent Boyer M6. Endorsing the costume producer, Mylène illico knits him (to music by his accomplice Boutonnat Lawrence), a "Moi ... Lolita" including the single will sell for one and a half million copies. His first will also achieve Summits, and other distinctions and rain Awards will not only M6 and NRJ, but their counterparts from Russia, the Netherlands, Germany, Alizée's career started in Canada, Japan and even in Britain. Beginning in 2002, four million discs have been sold in Europe.

Last edited by Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..; 03-12-2009 at 09:46 PM..
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 PM

aDZ is on a distinguished road

Only 40,000 copies? I guess that's in France..

Wikipedia:
Quote:
The album has sold 300,000 copies so far.
A huge drop nevertheless, She used to wear the title "highest-selling female French singer" :/

Last edited by aDZ; 03-12-2009 at 10:27 PM..
Old 03-13-2009, 07:35 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
If you happen to see three American girls acting crazy, just act like you don't know us. Or just join in. BTW the name of the other two girls are Lili and Lindsey. Lindsey is the hip hop violin player on http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...t=499&page=183

She is as crazy as she is talented. She also showed her talent on TV. She is awesome.
Whoa, you know her?! I remember seeing that video on Yahoo a few months ago and thinking, "Wow, that is awesome." I'm eager to hear some new stuff from her .
Old 03-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Yeah she is preaty awesome, A master at the violin, same as Pizza on hte piano and guitar rocking it out to Lili.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:38 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Lindsey and I went to grade school together as well as ballet class. Her family moved from Chicago to Utah the summer before middle school started. We have kept in touch over the years and visit each other whenever we can. This video is of her on TV when she was 17. This was the first song she ever wrote. She even wrote the back up music as well.

[IMG]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIp_Q4DQ8uU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIp_Q4DQ8uU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/IMG]
Old 03-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Never ever wanna leave you

Rachelizee is on a distinguished road

Well after much debate my friend Sarah and I will still be going to Paris.At the end of the day , as Rocket said , Paris is still Paris and despite knowing the city very well it's still great to visit.We are going on the dates I stated earlier (26/3 - 30/3) and are staying at the Eurostars Panorama hotel on Rue de Messageries.Hope that a few of you do still decide to go as it would be great to meet up with you all.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:35 AM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Lindsey and I went to grade school together as well as ballet class. Her family moved from Chicago to Utah the summer before middle school started. We have kept in touch over the years and visit each other whenever we can. This video is of her on TV when she was 17. This was the first song she ever wrote. She even wrote the back up music as well.
Saw t vid when you posted the other 1. Both are phenomenal but I liked this older 1 better. Hard to believe this was the first song she did.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

We're kind of drifting off-topic again, but I just have to add that I think Lindsey is very talented and I love what she's doing. I always loved the violin, but it's one instrument that I really have trouble learning how to play. I just can't get the bowing technique down. So anyway, I have a great appreciation for what she has accomplished.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

You're right lefty, we are getting off topic. But then show me a thread that HASN'T drifted. We'll be arriving in Paris on 03/27 and leave on 03/30. We hope to hit the tower, a few museums and monuments. We may take one of the tour buses on the first day to see what is available. If we see something we would like to see up close, we'll make a mental note of it and discuss it that night. I wish we could stay longer because I would really love to go visit London again. I'll be vacationing in Paris again this summer and London is on my list along with seeing my realitives in Madrid, Spain.