Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-23-2009, 02:12 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

There has never been a successful music artist that doesn't owe their success to someone else. Laurent and Mylene could have tried to promote a dog turd but it wouldn't have worked. Mylene became interested in Alizee after she won the music contest. We will never know if someone else may have promoted her and maybe would have been a success anyway. Not to take anything away from Mylene and Laurent. I think the Mexicans like all of her stuff just like I and many fans do. If the new cd is a good one she will really take off because she still has plenty of exposure and a fan base though many are dormant at the time being. My insights may be totally skewed because I support Alizee no matter what she does. Makes it hard for me to be objective.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee Mid-West View Post
Amen!! And, might I add, the rest of the world as well is turned on by her.
JEAM was the song that got me hooked on Alizée. Seems that it hooks everyone who listens too it. Not to mention she's too cute in the music video. Like a cat trying to catch the camera .

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:12 AM

thomas is on a distinguished road
Default whats next?

I agree with some thing in this post, but you guys have to realize that the Alizee that we all fell in love with is no more. I dont like her new career path either, the dark imagery, the subdued atmosphere, and her look in general is a bit too grown up in my eyes.

I don't believe at all if one grows up they change so drastically like Alizee has, there is nothing wrong with being young at heart, I think in this day and age people are just taught to grow up faster, and it does suck. I hope her music will still endure, and I hope and pray she keeps it French. I am afraid that she will sing in other languages and turn more into hip-hop/pop to gain a wider audience, and this is what is really scary to me, because what made her most appealing was the music and its uniqueness, some of that credit goes to Mylene of course.

I hope her next album will go back to that style back in the day, but I highly doubt it. I will always believe in her, I just worry about the people she surrounds herself with, and what influence they might have on her.

In the end of the day, I will of course support her, hoping in silence, that once again she will rise to the top with some great upbeat French songs like she had, and some good old ballads. I miss that music.

Its all about roots and keeping it real, be proud of who you are. Alizee from Ajaccio, Corsica, you will always be.

Merci
Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 AM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
I agree with some thing in this post, but you guys have to realize that the Alizee that we all fell in love with is no more. I dont like her new career path either, the dark imagery, the subdued atmosphere, and her look in general is a bit too grown up in my eyes.
But one thing to remember. An artist has to eventually act their age in order to stay relevant. I agree that Alizee has gotten older. And the image she projects in her music and stage show is that of a woman in her mid 20's. And there is nothing wrong with that. Now to my age group she will always be the Lolita because we are older than her.

But what if an artist doesn't allow the aging process to happen. They then run the risk of becoming a side note and a joke. I site as an example, Alizee's favorite artist, Madonna. Madonna is 50 years old. Been married and divorced twice. Has 2 kids. And I submit that the following kids are not sexy.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...onna_candy.jpg
http://mybuddieslive.com/wp-content/...hard-candy.jpg
http://likastarr.com/wp-content/uplo...rd_candy_2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...g?t=1240472385
http://www.olamujer.com/wp-content/u...hard-candy.jpg

If you saw Madonna walking down the street you wouldn't say," Isn't that the Queen of Pop music?" No, you would say, "Isn't that my best friends mom?"

Seriously, the above photos look more like you would expect someone to say, Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me."

I pray to God Alizee NEVER ends up like that.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
The Snowboarder

SimonH is on a distinguished road

She owes her success to Mylene despite what any of you say. Without Mylene, Alizee would be some pretty woman in France teaching dance or administrating the network of a local company. There are thousands of good singers & hundreds even that could ousting Alizee, but the most singing they will ever do is in their shower.

One - Alizee had no desire or plans on singing as a career.
Two - Alizee would not have had the means or ability to promote herself like Mylene did, & I doubt she has the talent to write her own lyrics & music. Especially at that time in her life.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:46 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
She owes her success to Mylene despite what any of you say. Without Mylene, Alizee would be some pretty woman in France teaching dance or administrating the network of a local company. There are thousands of good singers & hundreds even that could ousting Alizee, but the most singing they will ever do is in their shower.

Two - Alizee would not have had the means or ability to promote herself like Mylene did, & I doubt she has the talent to write her own lyrics & music. Especially at that time in her life.
Just a tad harsh, i think, Simon (no offence intended). You are more or less correct though.
Obviously, she owes an awful lot to Mylene. It would be silly to suggest otherwise. She wouldn't have had a career without her (in theory anyway).
However, Psych was a fantastic album and had no input from her.
What i think she needs to do now is get her management/advisors sorted out and quickly.
If, and it's a big if, a new album is almost ready, is there going to be a tour to promote it? Common sense would dictate that there has to be?
Surely, if the album is imminent, than the dates, venues etc must already be finalised or at least progressing well.
Playing an awards ceremony in Mexico (with no new songs?) was in my opinion not a great decision. Yes, it kept her in the news in Mexico but she has to come back to France and soon.
As for everything else, i can only repeat that i thought she looked and sounded fantastic in Mexico.

Last edited by Junkmale; 04-23-2009 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 04-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

What are you talking about. Most shower singers have different goals in life. Not all shower singers want to be singers.

And don't doubt she has the talent to write songs. Because the third album she was writing them with some help from her husband and a few others, but she was still a huge part. NOBODY writes anything by themselves. Even our AWESOME OMG OMG OMG AWESOME President Obama has somebody writing his speeches for him. Everybody has the help of someone else too make them sucessful.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

"Does she owe her success in Mexico to Mylene?"
Without a doubt she does! That doesn't mean she cant be successful on her own; it just means Mylene started the fire and its up to Alizee to fuel that fire and keep it going.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 04-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
"Does she owe her success in Mexico to Mylene?"
Without a doubt she does! That doesn't mean she cant be successful on her own; it just means Mylene started the fire and its up to Alizee to fuel that fire and keep it going.
She didn't owe her success in Mexico too Mylene. She made the move too go to Mexico and she was successful there so it's all on her.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:34 PM
The Snowboarder

SimonH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
What are you talking about. Most shower singers have different goals in life. Not all shower singers want to be singers.
LOL she had no desire to be a singer either she sent in the vid by suggestion of friends & family, & she got picked. The phys album was produced by herself but she was already famous & had the money. Before her first album with Mylene my statement still holds true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
And don't doubt she has the talent to write songs. Because the third album she was writing them with some help from her husband and a few others, but she was still a huge part. NOBODY writes anything by themselves. Even our AWESOME OMG OMG OMG AWESOME President Obama has somebody writing his speeches for him. Everybody has the help of someone else too make them sucessful.

"I doubt she has the talent to write her own lyrics & music. Especially at that time in her life."
- Quote taken from me above.

Tons of people write lyrics themselves, I used to write lyrics for a local punk band way back (I played drums). Also there are people who write lyrics as a profession so saying "NOBODY" write them their selves is an incorrect statement.

Last edited by SimonH; 04-23-2009 at 05:40 PM..